Different color pixels showing up in photos

Reaction score
Does anyone know what could be wrong here? The spots started mid flight and could not be seen on the screen while flying. Is there a fix for this or is my drone dead? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! DJI Phantom 4

Attachments

• Phantom4.jpg
    Phantom4.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 359
Last edited:
It is unusual to have many "dead" pixels as in the photo. You need to take several in the same spot with different resolutions, and shutter speed settings to verify that there is an issue. My guess is that there is not. But it is possible.

I have taken many different photos with all different settings, as well as, different locations all with the same results. It is updated to the latest version and I have formatted all of my cards but still get the same results.

Compare all of the photo's with the same resolution from different scenes. If the "speckles" are all in the same portion of the image, or scattered within the same quadrants. That would tell you if they were dead pixels. Doesn't look that way from the image, but that's the only way you will know.

Are your lenses clean?

Yes, they are clean. This happen mid flight with half the photos fine and half the photos just like this one.

If you get colored pixels mid flight, you will also see them on ground after keeping on for some time. This could be due to thermal behavior of processing chip and you should contact DJI for repairs.

This looks a bit like hot pixels, but never seen it with a P4P, but have with Astrophotography. Either that or a bad chip.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl