Different battery= different firmware!

Reaction score
So I got a bird back from DJI fixed under warranty, I requested in my RMA for them to please not update my older fw. So when I gratefully got it back I plugged it in and sure enough it showed they placed it on 10.1.
... or did they? I plugged a dif bat in tonite and it shows a/c fw 1.8+!
Try another bat, shows 1.8! Try a fourth bat it shows 1.2.6!! Put 1st bat back in, back to 10.1.
What do you guys know!

I have had diff cams show diff fw's but this is new to me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Weird Not heard of a symptom such as yours. Do you know if the various batteries were at same firmware version (before you sent Phantom for repair)?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yeah I get that you can/should update batteries, but why would it show your a/c fw version completely diff

Mine does the same thing your not alone... I can tell you it is prolly higher than 1.8 because whenever there is a + on the end that usually indicates that the firmware is actually higher than its showing.. Is the firmware of each battery the exact same? I'm guessing not? All purchased at different times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With one battery mine shows 1.5.30+ and with the other two shows 1.8.

This means that my aircraft is most likely at 1.8 firmware.. And the battery's arnt on the same firmware.. Why would the battery's themselves change the whole "aircraft firmware?" I have no clue. But it sometimes it does.

Ps. I have never updated my quad, and have never updated my battery's and never plan to.. My quad flies fine just the way it is.. NEVER have had a single issue and the "aircraft firmware" mysteriously changes dependent on the battery I use on that given flight.

I would go fly it.. See how she acts.. If all is good. Leave it be. But that's just me. IMO, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Also, the battery that gives me 1.5.30+ is the one that it came with the quad, all brand new as of last year give or take.. And the other two were bought at another time.. I would have to say the reason for it is because the battery's are not on the same firmware.. If you update all your battery's to current.. I'm betting your aircraft firmware will no longer change back and forth.. It's prolly just the way it reads the firmware and displays it with a that particular battery vs another battery.

I would say there is nothing to worry about long as it flys and behaves fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I got a bird back from DJI fixed under warranty, I requested in my RMA for them to please not update my older fw. So when I gratefully got it back I plugged it in and sure enough it showed they placed it on 10.1.
... or did they? I plugged a dif bat in tonite and it shows a/c fw 1.8+!
Try another bat, shows 1.8! Try a fourth bat it shows 1.2.6!! Put 1st bat back in, back to 10.1.
What do you guys know!

I have had diff cams show diff fw's but this is new to me

I'll have to check that out with mine that I just got back . It was shown 1.9.6 +

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers