Differences Between xxx.txt and xxx.dat Files

Reaction score
I realize that the xxx.dat file on the internal SD card contains a lot more info in more detail than the xxx.txt file on the tablet/phone. The question is: Is the anything in the xxx.txt file that's NOT in the xxx.dat file?

BobWalker's GUI dat decoder gets all the data out of the xxx.dat files (I think) but the xxx.txt decoders that I have seen only do a subset of the decoding.

The DAT logs contain more data than the TXT logs.

The DAT logs contain more data than the TXT logs.
Am I correct in thinking that the .dat files 'revolve', much like the cached video files?

I've seen people say the oldest flight logs are replaced with the newest flight logs -- meaning the internal memory card does not just fill up and stop recording data.

I've seen people say the oldest flight logs are replaced with the newest flight logs -- meaning the internal memory card does not just fill up and stop recording data.
Cheers.

txt format file is just that. Text.
Dat file could be anything from simply txt to file that stores information specific to the application from waypoint to how your quad will act with each command.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I realize that the xxx.dat file on the internal SD card contains a lot more info in more detail than the xxx.txt file on the tablet/phone. The question is: Is the anything in the xxx.txt file that's NOT in the xxx.dat file?

BobWalker's GUI dat decoder gets all the data out of the xxx.dat files (I think) but the xxx.txt decoders that I have seen only do a subset of the decoding.
Actually, DatCon just converts a subset of what's available in the .DAT file. What's known about the .DAT contents has been obtained by reverse engineering the .DAT. There still is a lot that isn't known.

To answer your question: It's a pretty good bet that everything in the .txt is in the .DAT. A more relevant answer is that DatCon doesn't produce some of the data produced by the .txt converters because it doesn't know where the data exists in the .DAT.

Not to hijack, but one of my DAT files that I would like to read is pretty large. Every site that I've tried to upload it to has rejected it saying that it's over the size limit. What sites/programs do you recommend to view DATs that are over 250 mb?

Not to hijack, but one of my DAT files that I would like to read is pretty large. Every site that I've tried to upload it to has rejected it saying that it's over the size limit. What sites/programs do you recommend to view DATs that are over 250 mb?

My favorite is DatCon. It's an offline .DAT converter. It can be obtained by going here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4