differences between phantom vision and phantom 2

Well... but that camera on the Vision series incorporates onboard FPV and telemetry (and smart-phone app integration for such), which you won't get on a straight P2 without a few add-ons.
The other big difference is the Visions TX control operates at 5.8GHz, whereas the straight P2 operates at 2.4GHz, which would normally equate to the P2 having a little greater max distance... but it's pretty negligible in real-world.

Here's a run-down of comparison
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

So if the vision runs at 5.8 ghz could someone use a gopro app to see what they're recording ? Gopro run on 2.4 ghz . So they could technically have 2 cameras with fpv at the same time . You know what I mean ?

Not likely. There are a couple of things that would be working against you.
One, the Vision's wi-fi runs through the DJI Range Extender. That extender is only capable of connecting to the build-in's camera net. In order for the GoPro to connect, you'd also need to extend it's range, independently. Again, more hardware.
Two, you'd be carrying two cameras... most likely overtaxing the payload capacity of the Vision without significant modifications.
Three, since the GoPro's wi-fi operates on 2.4GHz, you run the risk of interfering with the onboard VX system. In fact, even if you're using a GoPro on the straight P2, I believe it's advised to turn off the GoPro's wi-fi to avoid interference (obviously more critical on a P2 since 2.4GHz is the TX, and not just the VX like it is on the Vision).

You could probably do it (nearly anything is possible)... but you probably won't be enamored with the price tag.

There's a P2 in the Classifieds that has a gimbal for a GoPro, as well as a small static FPV-specific camera. The FPV isn't going to be HD quality (in fact, I believe this particular model is actually Black&White)... but the camera is light enough that the Phantom can handle it as well as a separate GoPro/gimbal.
You don't get both views at the same time (you have to switch between one or the other during flight)... but it's getting close to what you're after.

Great price on it, too.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24691

Interesting . I already have a phantom vision but I am trying to figure out what is best for me . Ideally I would want a vision + . The fpv would be on a monitor though . I haven't figured out how to do it yet lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31