Differences Between 2015 and 2016 P3A Models

Reaction score
I've considered selling my P3S and getting a P3A, mainly for the additional range (without modding) and Lightbridge. I noticed that DJI's site says the P3A has a range of up to 3.1 mi/5 km, yet other retailer's sites say it's range is only 1.2 mi.

Is there a difference in the range of the newer P3A models? I wonder if it's just a firmware difference, or maybe the retailer sites just haven't updated the specs...?

While I'm asking, what do you all think a lightly used P3S would sell for? No crashes, hard landings or collisions, camera or gimbal issues, and it's only been flown 9 times (roughly 30 - 40 each time with only two batteries).

Thanks.

Rocky Mountain Phantom
Colorado Springs, CO USA

DJI originally listed a lower range, but then later adjusted their listed specs higher to reflect something more realistic. Many retailers never bothered to make the edit.

Reactions: DigitalKnight
While I'm asking, what do you all think a lightly used P3S would sell for?
Thanks.
Rocky Mountain Phantom
Colorado Springs, CO USA

New they're selling for $399, so $300 to $350 with the extra battery should sell fast.
items in Cookie Electronics store on eBay!

As far as the P3A goes it only changes with firmware this year, the new motors and shells came out last July or there abouts... Different rc's also with the older being preferred by many.

I bought my P3a direct from dji China last Feb. 2016.
Last week I flew out to an island and then over it to video the other side.
Distance out was 14,000ft (4.4km)
I did have a set of windsurfers on. Don't know how much difference they would make.
But I had full signal all the way. Not one glitch until on the way back I decided to sit down on the beach.
Got signal loss then. But all came back full when I stood up again.

I am sure it would go 5km. The problem is enough battery to get back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic