Difference between phantom 4 pro and phantom 4 pro v.2

Reaction score
I crashed my phantom 4pro and sent it in for repair to DJI. It was totally wrecked but only took them one day to fix or replace it. I have felt with DJI before and in all cases I have received different drones. I will be my replacement on Monday and I think they are sending me a V.2. Is there a way tell the difference?

Reactions: Jim Canada
I crashed my phantom 4pro and sent it in for repair to DJI. It was totally wrecked but only took them one day to fix or replace it. I have felt with DJI before and in all cases I have received different drones. I will be my replacement on Monday and I think they are sending me a V.2. Is there a way tell the difference?
The differences are mostly internal.
If you kept your controller for an original P4 pro and they did send you a V2.0, you'd be unable to work it.
The original uses Lightbridge and the V2.0 uses Occusync for the control signal.
They are not compatible.
I'd be surprised if DJI sent a V2.0 replacement.

V2. Gold DJI sticker on top center
V1. Silver DJI sticker on top center.
Why would you think they would replace with a V2?

Because I didn’t think they would have a v.1 series. But since the controller Is different am sure it would be v.1

A very simple way to tell whether you have a v1 or v2 is look inside the battery compartment. The v2 will have a small tab/micro switch in the lower center opening that gets depressed when the battery is inserted and is an added safeguard to loose battery issues with the P4 series. This was added to the v2. The v1 does not have this feature.

the Difference between the V1 and V2 , with the new system , doesn’t react to electrical interference, which brought my V1 down in a river ....Love the V2 pro !!
I'm not sure what happened to your drone, but interference doesn't make them drop or fly off anywhere.
At worst, it might swamp the control signal, causing RTH to initiate.

Reactions: Avocet
Really ???? !!! I guess with 8 warnings that strong electrical interference and the route showing the drone not responding to the controls and dropping into the river ....doesn't mean a thing ??? This was version 1 , Version 2 fixed the issue as there haven‘t been any Strong Electrical interference warnings since....

Really ???? !!! I guess with 8 warnings that strong electrical interference and the route showing the drone not responding to the controls and dropping into the river ....doesn't mean a thing ???
Yes .. really.
The interference was just a coincidence but not the cause of the incident.
Interference might affect your drone's signal reception but it doesn't do anything to it's propulsion system.
This was version 1 , Version 2 fixed the issue as there haven‘t been any Strong Electrical interference warnings since....
DJI claimed some insignificant "improvements" for the V2.0 but made no mention of anything regarding interference.

I fly directly next to a 130 KV(138KV?)substation quite often. Multiple DJI products in use. I’ve not seen the message regarding“electrical interference” at any time. Maybe just luck on my part?

Yes .. really.
The interference was just a coincidence but not the cause of the incident.
Interference might affect your drone's signal reception but it doesn't do anything to it's propulsion system.

DJI claimed some insignificant "improvements" for the V2.0 but made no mention of anything regarding interference.

When DJI viewed the flight data for Insurance purposes they confirmed to the Insurance Company that the electrical interference brought it down . As you know , the data showed all pilot reactions etc
I will send a screen shot of all the warnings etc later

When DJI viewed the flight data for Insurance purposes they confirmed to the Insurance Company that the electrical interference brought it down . As you know , the data showed all pilot reactions etc
I will send a screen shot of all the warnings etc later
Electrical or wifi interference warnings are very common in urban or industrial areas.
But it just doesn't bring drones down.

Rather than a screenshot of warnings, the actual data would be what's of most interest.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Electrical or wifi interference warnings are very common in urban or industrial areas.
But it just doesn't bring drones down.

Rather than a screenshot of warnings, the actual data would be what's of most interest.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
I will check to see if i still have the record on my old controller , I haven’t used it since the crash , as I am now flying the V2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers