diff between PHANTOM PT2 AND RC SOFTWARE ASSISTANT

Reaction score
OK can someone tell me the difference between the Phantom PT@ software assistant and the RC software assistant?

Thanks,

Might add that you dont need to worry about the RC software as there are no updates. Do everything in the Phantom assistant.

DJI does not make this very clear.

OK I thought I could do everything to the controller with the phantom RC assistant

bcass1 said:
OK I thought I could do everything to the controller with the phantom RC assistant

You can use it to calibrate the controller hardware, and you should do that at least once (including the lever on the back), then calibrate the stick and X1 input in the Phantom controller.

Reactions: AJLebeau
Hello Gentlemen,
Been reading this thread, and would like to interject if I might and ask some additional advice. I am, of course, a new owner, but have an older model I acquired used, and have been VERY pleased with it. Bought it to "cut my teeth" on so that if I like it/when I upgrade I won't be crashing too much capital into the ground if you get my drift.

The RC Assistant software rather scares me, as up to this point maneuverability has been rather good, and I haven't experienced (that I am aware of) any issues with input not correlating with performance. You suggest in your previous post however that it's a good idea to calibrate at least once..... "you should do that at least once (including the lever on the back), then calibrate the stick and X1 input in the Phantom controller", which has me double thinking whether or not I should do so as I did procure it used. I am simply concerned that I may "Screw Things up" rather than make them better. Might I get your advice on this, and also could you recommend a good source for performing a good, detailed calibration as you described in the quote above should I decide to do so? Additionally, is there a periodic or specific condition for said calibration? I'm afraid when I read the manual, I may not have committed as much to memory as I should have, but I don't recall seeing info about when to do so.

Very Best Regards, and may the Ground NEVER rush up upon you Phantom.... :)

AJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20