Did you see any?

Reaction score
How many people out there saw a drone flying around during the fireworks? I know I saw a phantom up in the air around ours last night. Anyone else?

The one I saw mostly kept to a decent distance and height. At one point it looked like it wanted to fly into the fireworks for a close shot but backed off quickly. I had a guy in my group go on a rant on how they are scary and shouldn't be legal, terrorist could use them and such. But the time the show was over and after talking to him he wanted one. Amazing how just a little talking can make a difference.

I wasn't at the Fireworks last night but my phone was blown up by people at 2 different events wanting to know if I was the one flying over the crowds and buzzing people just feet above their heads. I made SURE to let them know I was not flying and absolutely not part of any "buzzing peoples heads".

After hearing several conversations this morning I wouldn't be surprised to hear of pending "regulations" for next year across the nation in regards to "FireWork Displays" and "Drones".

Just mine in a town that should have 50 plus. I'd imagine in 5 years there will be so many in the air around the fireworks there will be a good chance of no return after a collision.

The one I saw mostly kept to a decent distance and height. At one point it looked like it wanted to fly into the fireworks for a close shot but backed off quickly. I had a guy in my group go on a rant on how they are scary and shouldn't be legal, terrorist could use them and such. But the time the show was over and after talking to him he wanted one. Amazing how just a little talking can make a difference.

"Correct" information is key. He was "hand fed" the media crap and he believed it (As most do). It takes very little "accurate" information to get someone to understand and actually "think" for themselves.

Good job on being a positive influence. We're all in this boat together.

I had mine up on July 3rd and the 4th and I seen another phantom in the air also!! I will be editing my videos and posting them to my youtube channel later this week

I didn't bring my P3A because I didn't want to be "that guy". Turns out there were at least 3 other of "those guys", all with P3's. Of all nights I would have actually blended right in, my drone sat at home. This is right on the US/canadian border, and near a naval park, so flying around there any other time may get looks.

The fireworks were out over the water by a marina so there were a lot of people, but all phantom pilots behaved themselves and the closest one got was about 20 foot off the dock getting a slow strafing shot of everyone on the docks. Everyone commenting how cool it was and oooh and ahhs, waving, etc.. I almost forgot the crap I go through flying mine sometimes. I don't think anyone went up near the fireworks with a drone. I would have been tempted. I noticed one drone slightly above a (most likely) a crowd but he just hovered a couple hundred feet up, then brought straight down. Must have been his crowd ;). Everything was fine.

i wanted to bring mine as well, but I also wanted to just spend the time with my family and kids. Family won out.

Reactions: BigAl07
I did take notice of one in Maui at the end of a show, too many people present for my take on safe practices, but in all fairness, they did not appear directly over people. I too brought mine, but kept it grounded and just used it as a video camera.
I did have a good seat and view.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2 different firework shows and 3 drones. 1 flying not to far over the heads of all the people watching but none got real close to the fireworks.

I remained grounded and just watched the show. I didn't want mine being an aerial target for the ones shooting into the air in addition to their personal fireworks.

I had two up, and thought one had gone rouge, but turned out to be a third non-Phantom drone.

I was concerned that I was too close to capture the larger shells, but realized I would also have to be 800' up to catch them in frame anyway. The majority were 6" shells (including the finale) so most were full frame.

As close as I was to the action, I was concerned for a minute as a private plane flew between me and the fireworks! That pilot was either brave or stupid...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik