Did something hit me?

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 gave me quite the scare today, thought I'd share.
I've never had anything like this happen before, had a p2 and a p3 before this

There was almost no wind, I was above any cables, upon inspection the only notable thing was some grime marks on the props:

(I'm not 100% sure those are from today, yesterday I clipped some dry weeds during take off)

Flight log:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
I've had same shake with my P4 a couple of times. No, you didn't hit anything. Hopefully the new firmware will smooth things out.

Reactions: Bratinov
I had that happen only once. Was flying aggressively like you and the camera gimbal just went limp for about 3 seconds. I suspected a firmware glitch. I have not seen this issue again sinse the latest upgrade.

Were you in Sport mode? I find that in Sport mode, I can tilt the craft more than the gimbal can compensate for when making sharp turns at high speed. (I've been pretty well sideways :) )

This causes a sudden jerk in the video as the gimbal recovers. But, when this happens I always see an error message "Gimbal Reached End Point" flashed on the screen

I had that happen only once. Was flying aggressively like you and the camera gimbal just went limp for about 3 seconds. I suspected a firmware glitch. I have not seen this issue again sinse the latest upgrade.
Hopefully its this, its never happened since.

Were you in Sport mode? I find that in Sport mode, I can tilt the craft more than the gimbal can compensate for when making sharp turns at high speed. (I've been pretty well sideways :) )

This causes a sudden jerk in the video as the gimbal recovers. But, when this happens I always see an error message "Gimbal Reached End Point" flashed on the screen

I don't remember, but I've noticed said behavior in Sport Mode, there are times I could not keep a strait line in that mode, footage gets jittery, nothing like in this case though.

Never seen that message before (Phantom 3 used to have "Gimbal motor overloaded" when going full left" ... think I'll be getting a cheap P3A for modding :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1