Did Some PR Work Tonight

Reaction score
I've been fortunate so far. All of my neighbors have liked my Phantom demos. Tonight I was using up what was left of a battery when another neighbor walked up and said, "These things scare the heck out of us." Mmmm....Ok, I'll bite. "How so?" He goes on to say he is a pilot and he is worried about having an encounter with a drone. I landed mine and let him look at it. Explained all the features and showed him the phone app. Stuck a fresh battery in it, let it go through the preflight routine and took off. Let him watch the app while I climbed up to 200' and did some pivots so he could see it in action. Even offered to let him fly it. (he declined) Being a pilot myself and a graduate of Embry-Riddle he became more interested in my background than the drone. By the time I landed and we parted ways, he was talking all about how these are the future and much more economical to fly. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes out and buys one himself. :D

Nice! Glad you had some positive feedback from it.

I myself had about the same experience. The most common question I get is "How much was it?" and their reply to my answer is usually just a nod and a fist bump and to about their ways.

On a related level. I love this shirt on eBay because it's so true like almost every time.

$_12.JPG

UrAwFuL said:

I myself had about the same experience. The most common question I get is "How much was it?" and their reply to my answer is usually just a nod and a fist bump and to about their ways.

On a related level. I love this shirt on eBay because it's so true like almost every time.

$_12.JPG

ill think buying the tshirt. four flights and in all of them the same questions... my answer to b: its a gift :)

chapsrlz said:
ill think buying the tshirt. four flights and in all of them the same questions... my answer to b: its a gift :)

Hah, that's awesome! I should've bought mines a while back... but I kind of wanted it as a decal for my case instead.

Another question that people ask me is "Did you build it?" :lol:

I have no idea if that was intentional or a joke, but I usually just say "like half of it" since getting that FPV set up was all me. But it's not like I built anything Tony Stark style.. I wish I could though.

OI Photography said:
Catalina36 said:
Being a pilot myself and a graduate of Embry-Riddle

I went to Embry-Riddle, in Daytona...were you there or Prescott?

And does your handle by chance refer to the Consoldated PBY?

I attended while stationed at Ramstein AB in Germany. Being from Florida I would have loved the Daytona campus.

Handle has to do with sailing. I owned a 36' Catalina. Loved that boat.

UrAwFuL said:

$_12.JPG

Where can I find this t-shirt? I need to buy one!

battman2036 said:
My wife's company can make that shirt with any answers or customization you want. Let me know. Any ideas for a logo on the font?
The original shirt has a single color Phantom silhouette and the text 'Aerial Filmmaker' on the front.

I made these for fun...

34znd3c.jpg

So I showed my quad to my ups driver and he told me that one of his customers on his route was going to give him one as a gift. It took me a minute to get it. hahah really funny guy.

Wedeliver said:
So I showed my quad to my ups driver and he told me that one of his customers on his route was going to give him one as a gift. It took me a minute to get it. hahah really funny guy.

Especially considering your username here :D

What can drone do for you?

I flew my Phantom at a lake house last week. The next-door neighbor is a retired FBI agent. He came over and pretty much said, "Oh, I don't like drones; the privacy issues and all. Is that the view from the drone? Hey, can you fly it across the lake to that house that was just built? I want to check it out!"

UrAwFuL said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111431001608

Seller re-listed the shirts! :lol:

Yes, but she is out of town for a couple weeks... check the shipping time. :(

InterMurph said:
I flew my Phantom at a lake house last week. The next-door neighbor is a retired FBI agent. He came over and pretty much said, "Oh, I don't like drones; the privacy issues and all. Is that the view from the drone? Hey, can you fly it across the lake to that house that was just built? I want to check it out!"

LOL

"I'm concerned for my privacy.. but let's go spy across the way."

LuvMyTJ said:
UrAwFuL said:

Shipping time was like that on original listing as well. I think she maxed out the processing time because they're made to order.

UrAwFuL said:
LuvMyTJ said:
UrAwFuL said:

Shipping time was like that on original listing as well. I think she maxed out the processing time because they're made to order.

I am going by the information she wrote to me when I questioned if she was planning to re-up the auction.
I have a friend with a graphics shop that does shirts... hmmmm. :twisted:

OI Photography said:
Wedeliver said:

Especially considering your username here :D

What can drone do for you?

wow, I never thought of that... I have used this handle since the days of BBS's and I still use it in a few forums, Burning Man being one. I lived in Mammoth Lakes and started a business called We Deliver The idea was we delivered anything to you. Just call us up and we would go get whatever it was you wanted, from pizza to whisky to gas or groceries and bring it to you. The business only lasted for not quite 2 years 1977 -79. Snow got real deep and lack of insurance plus lots of wrecks put me out of business. All cb based in a small town of about 4 square miles. Then I got married and left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj