Did I mess something up?

Reaction score
So I have a phantom 4. Flew it 2 times using iPhone and it went off without a hitch. Got a new android tablet (asus zenpad) and wanted to see if it would connect. I was sitting in my vehicle and when the app loaded I get the calibrate compass required message. I never saw that in the iOS app so I tried on my phone and now my phone has the message. Is this because I was sitting in my vehicle? Will this clear up or did I mess something up? I wanted to ask before I made my problem worse.

Thanks in advance

So I have a phantom 4. Flew it 2 times using iPhone and it went off without a hitch. Got a new android tablet (asus zenpad) and wanted to see if it would connect. I was sitting in my vehicle and when the app loaded I get the calibrate compass required message. I never saw that in the iOS app so I tried on my phone and now my phone has the message. Is this because I was sitting in my vehicle? Will this clear up or did I mess something up? I wanted to ask before I made my problem worse.

Thanks in advance
Probly picked up the steel off car,try again away a bit should be ok

Probly picked up the steel off car,try again away a bit should be ok

Ok I found a little reading saying that could be the issue. I find lots of reading on not calibrating by metal but never read anything about powering on.

I guess the phantom has no idea I don't plan to fly it and it tries to get its bearings?

Thanks

Ok I found a little reading saying that could be the issue. I find lots of reading on not calibrating by metal but never read anything about powering on.

I guess the phantom has no idea I don't plan to fly it and it tries to get its bearings?

Thanks
Ok misunderstood post ,picking up message with drone off,sounds bit out there,is this what you mean

Thanks
Your car is made of steel. If you power on in or close to the car the compass will complain about it. Moving away from the magnetic influence will make it go away.

Ok misunderstood post ,picking up message with drone off,sounds bit out there,is this what you mean

No the drone is on. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Basically drone in box with propellers off. Turned on controller, drone and launched app. This is when I received the error. The whole time in my truck. Will try with drone outside on the ground.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.

Your car is made of steel. If you power on in or close to the car the compass will complain about it. Moving away from the magnetic influence will make it go away.

Thank you. I didn't relate just powering on mattering as I wasn't actually about to fly,but the drone doesn't know that. Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl