Did I just brick my Flytrex Live?

Reaction score
As part of the installation, I tried to update the Flytrex Live firmware. But I have been stuck on this screen for almost an hour:
Flytrex%20Firmware%20Update.jpg

Any tips? Start the update process over?

*** UPDATE ***

Finally, this appears:
Flytrex%20Error.jpg

I tried again and it failed again, but faster.
I switched to a different USB port, and it worked.

Flytrex%20Update%20Complete.jpg

I asked Flytrex last week if I should upgrade the firmware on a new Live 3G, and was told that the new firmware only contained improvements for the Blade 350 QX and that they are aware that the updating program had been "acting-up" for some people so it was best to leave it as it was.

This does not help you much, except to say that the problem is very likely with the update tool.

Hughie said:
I asked Flytrex last week if I should upgrade the firmware on a new Live 3G, and was told that the new firmware only contained improvements for the Blade 350 QX and that they are aware that the updating program had been "acting-up" for some people so it was best to leave it as it was.

This does not help you much, except to say that the problem is very likely with the update tool.

Thanks, it did finally update. I recalled that my experiments on Arduino hardware wouldn't work if I connected through a USB hub, and plugged it into a port on the PC. Then it worked. I suspect the problem is in the FTDI driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.