Did I get an old model?

Reaction score
My friend and I both purchased Phantom 3s directly from DJI within the last 2 weeks; him the Professional, me the Advanced. I thought the only difference was supposed to be the cameras. But his motors are quite different than mine. His prop tightening tool is a spanner type that grips the circumference of the motor body. Mine is the same as the one I had with my Phantom 2 Vision - the one that hooks on to the frame of the motor where the windings are visible. My wrench does not fit his motors so they are clearly different. The model number of my P3A is W322. Did I get an old model?

Attachments

• IMG_4305.JPG
    IMG_4305.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,104
You have the old motors and he has the new motors. There is no evidence that the new motors are better, so I'd keep it if I was you.

imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

I am about to exchange my 3rd P3P from bestbuy because I can't get one that is in focus. Some spots are in focus and some are not. It seems there is a lense defect plaguing either the bestbuy stock or it might be a random QC issue. Either way I waited until my local bestbuy got a new shipment in and I am going to see if the next is any better. I ordered mine online first and got an old motor style P3P but exchanged it because I wanted the latest model (like how DJI upgraded the ESC in the P2 Vision+. Well the old motor style had perfect focus and the other 2 new motor style P3P's have not had good focus.

Long story short, if it is in focus I would keep it.

Thank you both for the advice. I will keep it (after I check the focus!).

You have the old motors and he has the new motors. There is no evidence that the new motors are better, so I'd keep it if I was you.

Long story into short story I purchased a new P3 Advanced with the newer motors after have the original advanced since day one last may.

The new motors are much quieter than the older.

I have only done a couple of flights with it but it appears to give similar performance.
Not done a long range run yet as running in battery.
Also took opportunity to use an earlier firmware without GEO 1.4.1

Reactions: Wibble
Nope. It the GL300B. What's the difference and what should I do?

I dont think there are many C models in the system yet.
I did contact DJI about that at the start of the month and there were none in Europe.

Nope. It the GL300B. What's the difference and what should I do?
I have GL300B and new motors also. I don't know to what extent it will affect the range but the newer controllers seem to have less power output. I have the controller labeled as GL300B and it's FCC id is SS3-GL3001501 You can go to this website and compare your FCC ID to mine and see what your power output is but I can typically fly 1 mile in urban enviroment without a windsurfer range booster and 2 miles with it before I have signal issues. In the open (over salt flats) I have maxed out at around 14000 feet without the range booster and that was only because I had to come back due to battery. I suspect less output power would equal less range but I don't know anything about it really.

I have the GL300C model (and W323B P3).

I hope they fixed the weak RTH button with this revision but I doubt it.

Has anyone figured out the differencw between w323a and w323b

I have GL300B and new motors also. I don't know to what extent it will affect the range but the newer controllers seem to have less power output. I have the controller labeled as GL300B and it's FCC id is SS3-GL3001501 You can go to this website and compare your FCC ID to mine and see what your power output is. . .
Same FCC ID as mine.

I have the GL300C model (and W323B P3).

I hope they fixed the weak RTH button with this revision but I doubt it.
Can you confirm what the FCC ID is for both the Phantom and the Controller? It should be on a sticker on the side of the box most likely the sticker that has the CE1313 in large letters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1