Did everyone have the option of naming their P4P upon setup?

Reaction score
I was just thinking of this tonight. All of my past Phantoms required a name upon first setup. Even my Mavic Pro required that I give the drone a name. When I did the setup for the Phantom 4 Pro awhile ago, I don't recall it ever running through the setup to give the drone a name. Does DJI no longer require this?

When I set up my P4P+ I was asked for a name (I used the FAA reg number.) As I remember it was one of the very first steps.

When I set up my P4P+ I was asked for a name (I used the FAA reg number.) As I remember it was one of the very first steps.
I must have missed it... or perhaps that was when my screen readout was in CHINESE! I could only get rid of the Chinese text once I came to the DJI GO 4 screen.

I must have missed it... or perhaps that was when my screen readout was in CHINESE! I could only get rid of the Chinese text once I came to the DJI GO 4 screen.

Check on DJI Go 4 app if you can see and edit it's name.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I missed my naming opportunity with P4, and I was aware of it from both of my P3's in the past. It auto inserted a partial email address for the name, derived from my DJI account I would assume. However there is the ability to rename your craft in the GO app. I would assume GO4 has that too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31