Did DJI Go dump the Nexus 7 today?

Reaction score
Well, tried to fly today and the DJI Go app didn't find my P3P. When I reset the Nexus 7 and did an update to 4.4.4 Android,
The store listing says "This version of DJI Go is not compatible with your device". so...anyone else see this happen?

Bob

Well, from what I can see, any Android update past 4.4.4 on a Nexus 7 2013 - will disconnect the USB communications. Yup, it WILL NOT WORK with DJI Go anymore. Basically, the updated OS killed my Nexus 7 II for use with the P3P. Time to go buy a Apple Mini 2. None of the work-arounds on the forums worked. Oh well.

Well, from what I can see, any Android update past 4.4.4 on a Nexus 7 2013 - will disconnect the USB communications. Yup, it WILL NOT WORK with DJI Go anymore. Basically, the updated OS killed my Nexus 7 II for use with the P3P. Time to go buy a Apple Mini 2. None of the work-arounds on the forums worked. Oh well.

I'm using Android 5.1.1 and my Nexus 7 2013 works great.
Bob

Reactions: JBG
I'm also using a Nexus 7 2013 (FHD) with zero problems (other than missing features that are in the IOS version).
RF Guy, are you sure that you've got the later model Nexus 7? The 2013 can be identified easily by its rear camera, but what matters for the Go app is that it has twice as much RAM (2GB instead of 1GB).

That's interesting, I'm not experiencing those problems at all on exactly the same setup. Hate to say this, but have you tried a factory reset on the tablet then reinstall Go? Or will it just not install at all?

Yup... Nexus 7 2013....been using it for a month...fine (after wiping all my apps etc)...then all of the sudden
it stops talking to the controller. The forums are FULL of "No USB after 5.1.1 update". Most people have just lost their UBS connectivity. I did:

Deep Factory reset
Normal reset
Set Dev options for USB De-Bug
Set Storage/USB options for PTP (tried both MTP & PTP)

Still no way is this Nexus going to talk to the remote controller OR a PC.
Strangely, it charges through USB fine. It's an OS problem.
I'm sure at some later date (Android 6?) it will be fixed....
I spent 10 hours on it... time to drop-kick it and get a Ipad Mini 2.
Just didn't expect to loose $200 because of an "update".

Sorry to hear that, only other thing I can think of is are you using the sub cable that came with the Phantom? Mine definitely prefers it.

You may already feel too burned by the last system update, but supposedly the N7 will be getting an OTA update to Android 6.0 soon. Maybe this could fix your problem.

You may already feel too burned by the last system update, but supposedly the N7 will be getting an OTA update to Android 6.0 soon. Maybe this could fix your problem.
Yeah, possibly...but then again - maybe an Apple device would be less problematic. Tried several cables...and little stock white one was working perfectly. Who knows, maybe a cosmic particle hit the little USB controller IC in the Nexus. It's the Tech God Sparkius telling me to upgrade!

Yup... Nexus 7 2013....been using it for a month...fine (after wiping all my apps etc)...then all of the sudden
it stops talking to the controller. The forums are FULL of "No USB after 5.1.1 update". Most people have just lost their UBS connectivity. I did:

Deep Factory reset
Normal reset
Set Dev options for USB De-Bug
Set Storage/USB options for PTP (tried both MTP & PTP)

Still no way is this Nexus going to talk to the remote controller OR a PC.
Strangely, it charges through USB fine. It's an OS problem.
I'm sure at some later date (Android 6?) it will be fixed....
I spent 10 hours on it... time to drop-kick it and get a Ipad Mini 2.
Just didn't expect to loose $200 because of an "update".

I have the same tablet and I currently have no issue. I do not have the developer function active.

Yeah, possibly...but then again - maybe an Apple device would be less problematic. Tried several cables...and little stock white one was working perfectly. Who knows, maybe a cosmic particle hit the little USB controller IC in the Nexus. It's the Tech God Sparkius telling me to upgrade!

If you turn your Nexus on and then plug it into the USB port on your computer does it recognize it?
Bob

all you have to do is connect the controller start the app and unplug the controller then plug it back in. Also 6.0 Works great been using it a while now. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

Here's another vote for the Nexus 7 2013. Working perfectly on Android 5.1.1.
It's not the tablet or Android 5.1.1.
Looks a lot like there's something about your configuration that's not right.

Reactions: eseckinger
Mines just updated to Marshmallow, anyone flying with Nexus and Marshmallow and are there any issues?

Under developer options make sure debugging mode is on, that is it....

I wouldn't bank on it, there are almost as many threads complaining about problems from forced upgrades etc!
You can't use most alternative apps either e.g. Litchi.
The inexpensive 2013 Nexus 7 is perfectly capable for this job (usually :p)

I'm running the nexus 7 2013 with Android 5.1. I did need to go to latest firmware update but all is working. USB debug does need to be set. No problems all week now

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik