Did DJI drop the price of batteries?

Reaction score
Just looking at DJI.com and a battery shipped to Australia is AUD$159 - I am pretty sure it wasn't this cheap the first time I looked. They have also changed their site a bit since last time I was on there.

SeeUAV said:
Just looking at DJI.com and a battery shipped to Australia is AUD$159 - I am pretty sure it wasn't this cheap the first time I looked. They have also changed their site a bit since last time I was on there.

I don't know what price they used to be on their website but not so long ago the standard price in the UK was around £106, give or take a few pounds. Now, on the DJI website they are selling for €109 (£86) so they may well have dropped it. Possibly thanks to the pressure from NUKERC and from all the P2 owners finding their batteries have a bad cell causing early failures.

D_Tshudy said:
You're correct. The smart batteries were $159 USD in May and they are now $129.
figures after i bought 4 spare batteries a few weeks ago... arghhh... lol

CmB said:
The batteries have indeed dropped in price. They have gone from £109.99 RRP to £91.00 as of yesterday.
Decision was made by DJI to drop the price.
Guessing that is likely to due with clone battery prices. Smart move finally.

Maybe they've dropped the price to clear out all the old stock & dodgy batteries? A lot of reports starting to surface about 'auto land' being triggered at around 50% discharged. It happened to me twice, only with one battery though. The other two seem ok for now.

I have four batteries. Two came with the Vision+, and they are the older design with the small contact points. The two I ordered afterwards are the newer ones with the larger contact pads. So far I have 22 flights each on the older ones, and about 10 on the newer ones. I cycled the older ones down to 8% after the 20th flight. No issues so far.

Dirty Bird said:
I have four batteries. Two came with the Vision+, and they are the older design with the small contact points. The two I ordered afterwards are the newer ones with the larger contact pads. So far I have 22 flights each on the older ones, and about 10 on the newer ones. I cycled the older ones down to 8% after the 20th flight. No issues so far.
Anyway we could get a picture of each of these. I would like to determine if mine are the newer or older ones... Not sure what to look for... thanks.

srandall25 said:
Anyway we could get a picture of each of these. I would like to determine if mine are the newer or older ones... Not sure what to look for... thanks.

This is really odd. I went to take a photo of the difference, because when I first received the second two batteries my neighbor and I checked them out. He noticed the new ones had large square gold contacts, while the originals had smaller, round gold contacts with a little white circle around them. He and I actually had a discussion about it must be a new design. But when I just went to take a photo, all four of them are exactly the same...round gold contacts with a little white circle. I wonder if they ship them with a gold foil over those two small contacts to protect them from corrosion, and it falls away in use?

Very strange I KNOW the newer batteries had square contacts... :?

Geert said:
True, the newer batteries do have square contacts.
I received mine last week, square contacts.

Whew...thank you I thought I was going nuts there for a moment!

My two newer ones both had square contacts too, but not any more. They are round just like the originals. :?

Have you used the new batteries yet? I'm thinking the gold squares must come off after a few uses.

My two batteries that came with my unit have the square contacts as mentioned. What is strange is that Dirty Bird says two of his did too, but now they don't. To me it does sound like they fell off.

Sasquatch said:
My two batteries that came with my unit have the square contacts as mentioned. What is strange is that Dirty Bird says two of his did too, but now they don't. To me it does sound like they fell off.

I'm wondering if it is a conductive protective layer they put over them to protect the round ones? Don't know why they would do that though, the gold contacts aren't really prone to corrosion? Absolutely bizarre....has me scratching my head.

Geert that's exactly what my newer ones looked like. The only DJI batteries I have even seen (until now) are my own so I would have no way to know about the square contacts otherwise. Too strange... :?

I have 5 batteries. I just looked at them and they all have round contacts. 3 of the batteries were purchased a month ago..

MrC said:
Dirty, does your neighbour have a phantom? Did he do the old swapperoo? accidently?

No he doesn't have one. It is so odd I know both of those newer batteries had the square contacts. Scratching my head on this one... :?:

DB I look for you, but I think it is original and can't fell off :|
I have one broken battery and i can't take the connector off the battery :geek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 417