Did anyone fly at temperatures like -10C / 14F?

Reaction score
I’m planning to go to the mountains this afternoon and make some videos of a nice mountain shepherd village there. The problem is that the expected temperature is going to be like -10C / 14F. It currently is -16C / 3.2F.

I flew in a cold weather in the past. It was a few degrees below freezing. But not this cold.

I plan to bring my battery heater with me and to fly at slower speed only. Like half of max speed. I’ll also take care about climb speed and will definitely land at 50% battery level. Do you think there is anything else I have to take care of?

Or maybe I should skip flying at temperatures like this?

BTW. I did a research but most people that were asking were flying at much warmer temperatures. Like this guy from Scotland who was asking for temperatures from -2C to 0C. Hey this isn’t cold. It is hot.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I plan to bring my battery heater with me and to fly at slower speed only. Like half of max speed. I’ll also take care about climb speed and will definitely land at 50% battery level.
Good plan!

Do you think there is anything else I have to take care of?
You can find some other cold weather flying tips in these articles:

Reactions: apprentice
Thank you very much. I actually left before I was able to read it. Luckily I had no issues today and the temperature was a little bit higher than the forecast mentioned. I always wear a thermometer on my backpack and it connects directly to my Garmin sports watch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik