Dianchi Lake Pagoda, China

Reaction score
This is my 3rd vid I made. 1st time I used POI mode. The winds were 14-18 mph. I wouldn't have flown if I knew that, but on the ground they were only light.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never been to China, but I feel as though I have. My father was stationed in Yunnanyi China just a way south of Kunming during World War II. He talked about it all the time. He often flew up to Kunming to get the Squadron's mail. And he spent some time in a military hospital there in Kunming. The old aircraft revetments are still there in Yunnanyi. The old Burma Road went directly across their fighter plane runway. I sure would like it if you could go down there and fly the drone over the old airfield, and especially the revetments. I'd love to see photo and videos of what it looks like now.

I'll look into Yunnanyi area to see whats going on there.

This place is about 300km west of me. Not sure where these revetments are, but I have been to this area before.

According to Google Earth, the airfield was to the south west of town. I had some still shots of the area that a guy sent to me some years ago. But I can't find them just now. They are just big mounds of U-shaped dirt. Big enough to put a fighter plane and a C-47 transport plane in.

I just checked on Google Earth. They are due west of the town of Yunnanyicun. 25 25' 20.07N - 100 42 11.17 E Clearly visible U-shaped mounds of dirt. My Dad was stationed there with the Flying Tigers for two years.

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 324
I'll add it to my list and go check it out. My dad flew goonies back then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic