DGI Go on Android, general discussion

Reaction score
I actually went out and bought a 'droid tablet I could use specifically for my P3 4k. Now, after the fact, as I understand it, DJI 'prefers' iOS.

Does this mean the Android app will not be updated? Will the Android app ever get live streaming? Pretty miffed about this, as I traded in a purpose bought fruit phone for the Android tab, and now I am missing functionality that I used.

a lot of people use android don't worry about it you will be fine

I actually went out and bought a 'droid tablet I could use specifically for my P3 4k. Now, after the fact, as I understand it, DJI 'prefers' iOS.

Does this mean the Android app will not be updated? Will the Android app ever get live streaming? Pretty miffed about this, as I traded in a purpose bought fruit phone for the Android tab, and now I am missing functionality that I used.
Where did you hear that rumor, very untrue. Must have been from someone with an ibrain. People that are brainwashed thinking only apples are worthy. Can you tell I own an android, and it works great.

Reactions: flpholt
nvedia shield k1 any day of the week over a apple

Yeah, but you can't livestream unless you have iOS. This isn't about if i or you like one or the other better. I've used both, and use a Samsung tab. Love it, just can't live stream.

Is DJI ever going to bring the 'droid GO app to match what the iOS version can do? That is what I am concerned about...

I use android, but never used ios for a comparisson! It works, but always have some issues!! But that´s not a problem!!! Samsung ever, iphone never!!!!

For P3S and 4K, since we are using wifi to connect to the remote, in Android, means we are losing internet connection and so far I can't find a way to channel certain apps or connection to use the GSM for internet connection. In iOS, although we are connected to the remote, opened a DJI Go or Litchi, we still got the video feed AND the internet because iOS can select a connection with internet connection, but somehow it didn't disconnect the wifi to the remote. That's a miracle by iOS and I am not a fan of iOS, I prefer my Note4 for work and everything else. But this feature, I have to admit that iOS does better. So to do live stream on P3S and 4K, most likely you can only do it only in an iOS based device. I have not got the chance to do it but I'm interested to know and will try over the weekend.

For P3P and Advance user, they wont get any problem because video feed and telemetry goes through the cable and your device can connect to internet with any connection, hence you can live stream.

Yeah, but you can't livestream unless you have iOS. This isn't about if i or you like one or the other better. I've used both, and use a Samsung tab. Love it, just can't live stream.

Is DJI ever going to bring the 'droid GO app to match what the iOS version can do? That is what I am concerned about...
I would think 99% of Phantom owners don't livestream, so it's not going to be a issue with iOS vs Android with that for most.

For P3S and 4K, since we are using wifi to connect to the remote, in Android, means we are losing internet connection and so far I can't find a way to channel certain apps or connection to use the GSM for internet connection. In iOS, although we are connected to the remote, opened a DJI Go or Litchi, we still got the video feed AND the internet because iOS can select a connection with internet connection, but somehow it didn't disconnect the wifi to the remote. That's a miracle by iOS and I am not a fan of iOS, I prefer my Note4 for work and everything else. But this feature, I have to admit that iOS does better. So to do live stream on P3S and 4K, most likely you can only do it only in an iOS based device. I have not got the chance to do it but I'm interested to know and will try over the weekend.

For P3P and Advance user, they wont get any problem because video feed and telemetry goes through the cable and your device can connect to internet with any connection, hence you can live stream.
I always connect on wifi to P3 4k and still have internet connection on data....works just great on note 4 with android 6.0.1

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I always connect on wifi to P3 4k and still have internet connection on data....works just great on note 4 with android 6.0.1

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app
Oh? well this is new to me. Maybe because I'm still using Kitkat 4.4.4.

Thanks for updating me. Though, I'm hesitant to upgrade my note 4 to MM. I heard it's buggy...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj