Devices with data plans

Reaction score
I like using my tablet because of the screen size (note 10.1) however unless its connected to wifi it doesnt get any data connections. Do most of you fly using devices that have data connections so you get real time feeds through any drone apps? For example your phone or an actual tablet that has its own data plan. I know if you want to stream live you need a data connection for sure.

Also is there a recommendation on how much space to a need on a device to use with the phantom? Do clips automatically get stored on the phone?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like using my tablet because of the screen size (note 10.1) however unless its connected to wifi it doesnt get any data connections. Do most of you fly using devices that have data connections so you get real time feeds through any drone apps? For example your phone or an actual tablet that has its own data plan.
For regular flying, there's no need to have any data.
All you can do is download maps which you can easily cache at home if you really think you need them.

is there a recommendation on how much space to a need on a device to use with the phantom?
A 16GB device should be sufficient.

Do clips automatically get stored on the phone?
A lower quality copy of the video will be stored on your mobile device if you have the following setting enabled in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.png

Reactions: Dronego

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik