Detailed video of flight controller connections?

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has taken careful, close-up video and provided audio explanation of all connectors plugging into flight controller and main circuit board. I purchased a "tea bagger" that had been completely disassembled, dried and cleaned. I have seen bits and pieces of Utube video, but the only one that is detailed is in German. I'm close to being finished but missing some details. This, of course, would be for a P2V. Thanks in advance!

jiminyfixit said:
Just curious if anyone has taken careful, close-up video and provided audio explanation of all connectors plugging into flight controller and main circuit board. I purchased a "tea bagger" that had been completely disassembled, dried and cleaned. I have seen bits and pieces of Utube video, but the only one that is detailed is in German. I'm close to being finished but missing some details. This, of course, would be for a P2V. Thanks in advance!

How much was the teabagger? I'm going to list my crashed one soon and would like to know par.

$226.53 on Ebay, and it was a pretty complete package. (missing ALL the screws and USB cable). It was a big risk buying a wet crasher. I still don't know if the camera or gimbal works because I still don't know where everything connects. I have a new ESC coming to replace a bad one. I've had to go one step at a time resolving unknown issues, being a newbie. At least the battery fully functions and was able to charge it from 1/2 to full from the recco of a "Pilots" post.

I love fixing things, as noted from my post name, and would be interested in yours if you could give me more details. Keep in mind, a salt water crasher would be a BIG risk, due to the corrosive effects of salt water without an immediate fresh water rinse. I've spent 30 years as a rigger, repairing racing sailboats in a salt water environment, so I have a lot of respect for salt water.

Cheers,
Jim

jiminyfixit said:
$226.53 on Ebay, and it was a pretty complete package. (missing ALL the screws and USB cable). It was a big risk buying a wet crasher. I still don't know if the camera or gimbal works because I still don't know where everything connects. I have a new ESC coming to replace a bad one. I've had to go one step at a time resolving unknown issues, being a newbie. At least the battery fully functions and was able to charge it from 1/2 to full from the recco of a "Pilots" post.

I love fixing things, as noted from my post name, and would be interested in yours if you could give me more details. Keep in mind, a salt water crasher would be a BIG risk, due to the corrosive effects of salt water without an immediate fresh water rinse. I've spent 30 years as a rigger, repairing racing sailboats in a salt water environment, so I have a lot of respect for salt water.

Cheers,
Jim

Mine dropped from about 100-200 ft prop side down onto the pavement. It hit so hard it took me about 5 minutes to wrench each prop off before I could take the shell apart. From what I can see all it needs is a new mainboard, shell, and cable pack. I haven't dug into anything deeper. Still need to check the gps ceramic antenna but I hear that's just a $15 dollar fix to replace the antenna alone. Camera and everything else seems fine. The plastic case on the flight controller has a hairline crack but I think it's still functional. ESC's all look good as well as the compass.

You could be looking at $400.00 worth of parts, (worst case scenario). At least it didn't get drowned. The bad thing is.....your grounded for awhile.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4