Desperately Need Help!

Reaction score
I just received my vision plus yesterday but have been grounded :(

I went through the steps in the quick start guide to set up and was able to connect to my iPhone 5s. When I went to calibrate the compass I lost the connection on my iPhone and have not been able to get it back since, after about 3 hours of trouble shooting. I have updated both firmwares (on the remote and copter). I have also tried to reset the wifi extended but nothing happens. The wifi extended has always been solid green and when I press the rest nothing happens. even if I hold it down. so, there is no way to bind it again, though not even sure I need to. When I try to push binding on the app it says get repeater info failed. Everything else seems to be functioning normally except when I turn on my wifi extend it is supposed to look for my phone connection with a blinking light but never happens, it just stays solid green and I never see the phantom on my wifi list on my iPhone. I have fully charged both the extended and the quad and the remote has full power. I have reset network settings on my iPhone. I have put it into airplane mode. I have disabled both of my wifi signals on my iPhone, both 2.4 and 5.8 and just tried turning off my router in the house as I saw on my mac that dji was connected to my network in some way. also the light on the camera is green so don't think I have any hardware issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated, was really hoping to take her out for her maiden voyage today. Thanks in advance!

Let´s see if we can help.

* Don´t put airplane mode! (wifi if off then)
* Make sure the camera is also switched on. (P2V has a button with OFF/CAMERA/WIFI)
* If you have resetted the wifi extender you might have to pair again. (See manual)
* Start first Wifi extender, then remote, then Phantom, then select the Phantom Wifi-network. (Might take a minute or two before it shows up)
* Toggle your iPhone wifi on/off. Sometimes that help to make a new wifi network show up.

EDIT: Re-read your post and realized you did reset the network settings on your iPhone. Then all is good! Don´t worry too much about your current home wifi networks. It should not be an issue.

Should work.

Good luck!

thanks for the tips but I have tried all of those suggestions. the problem is that I can not see the phantom as an option on my iPhone when I search for the wifi. So since I can not connect I cannot rebind or basically do anything. Again, the camera is turned on showing a green light and the wifi extender power light is solid green, the system light on the extender never flashes which I think its supposed to in order to pair with my iPhone. Its just solid green on the power light and no matter what order I turn on the devices its the same result, solid green light and never shows up on iPhone as a wifi option. About to lose it, any other tips, people experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

Mysterious,

And you have waited some two minutes? And toggled the iPhone wifi on/off once or twice?
It should really show up.
Do you have a iPad or something else to try with?

I was fearing the repeater could be broken. whats the course of action to get replaced? Just need a repeater right? don't need to get anything else?

Is this repeater different then the one on the phantom 2? Wondering if I can goto a store that has the phantom two and have them fix the repeater. can't find a place that has the phantom 2 plus so hoping the phantom 2 repeater would work.

also,does the repeater need to work in order to fly, do I need to use the app/iphone or can I just fly around within sight without using the camera?

The repeater is for the video. You can fly within visual range without it. You can even record video of your flight...just hit the record button on the camera before you lift off to start, and again when you land to save.

ok, so range with repeater is still about 1000 ft? I just took it for a spin, first short flight was exhilarating.

couple newby questions.
1. How do I turn on the camera manually to record?
2. is it better to fully drain the battery before recharging?
3. go prop guards or no, many have said with them on the wind can really take a hold of the PV2 plus.
4. If I can't fix the repeater myself what is the best way to get fixed?

thanks again

vieks said:
ok, so range with repeater is still about 1000 ft? I just took it for a spin, first short flight was exhilarating.
You can absolutely fly it without the repeater. MAKE SURE YOU GET A HOME LOCK! Steady green blinking before take of.
couple newby questions.
1. How do I turn on the camera manually to record?
Yes, There should be a button on the camera.
2. is it better to fully drain the battery before recharging?
It should be drained avery now and then. (15-20 cycles)
3. go prop guards or no, many have said with them on the wind can really take a hold of the PV2 plus.
Prop-giards seem to be prominent in the picture with the P2V+ :-(
4. If I can't fix the repeater myself what is the best way to get fixed?
There are plenty of vids on youtube how to modify the range extender.

thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik