Designing a desktop app

Reaction score
Hello guys my name is Shea Lewis. I am a proud owner of a phantom 2 vision+ . I am also a user interface designer. I have worked for clients such as FOX Studios, Red Camera, and VIZIO Television. You can see my portfolio here : www.dribbble.com/knifeandfox

So here is what I want to do. I am creating a desktop app. I am no developer but I think this will help push forward design for other drone applications. I have noticed most drone applications have a pretty poor interface. So I thought I would create one for the desktop and then transfer that over to a mobile app.

I have attached a wireframe of what I have so far. I know this is not even close to being done. But I want to upload it here to get your thoughts, and some cool features you all think I should add.

Thanks Guys.
Shea Lewis

Attachments

• Desktop HD.png
    Desktop HD.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 334
Here is the update so far. Im not even close to being done. But thought I would upload my progress so far. Let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• Desktop HD.jpg
    Desktop HD.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 296
I don't get what's so wrong with the vision app? All I want to see on screen is what the camera sees so I can line up my shots, press record or a button that takes a pic and basic telemetry. No need to complicate it further than than imho

I don't get what's so wrong with the vision app? All I want to see on screen is what the camera sees so I can line up my shots, press record or a button that takes a pic and basic telemetry. No need to complicate it further than than imho
Look at the inspire 1 pilot APP and you will see why the vision app sucks...

Reactions: Bigdz

Well this design is made for a desktop, so its not for the iphone or android. But both apps need an update. Iphone needs to be updated to the new ios style guide and the android needs to be more based around material design.

Look at the inspire 1 pilot APP and you will see why the vision app sucks...

The function on there is unreal. I just looked at that now. I had no idea there was that many features.

What I'm trying to say is that anything else outside the things I mentioned almost anything else outside that is overkill to me. Sometimes things can be overcomplicated when they don't need to be. It's only vision and inspire owners who use an app, All other fpv drones don't which is the vast majority including professional setups Because they don't need it. It's a toss up between how many bells and whistles can be put in the UI vs The practical performance of an OSD. I'm on the practical side of the fence of course, if it were me I'd be looking to strip things out like way points, compass and other such clutter. Just like some car dashboards are full of crap when sometimes all they need is a simple design with less clutter so your eyes can focus on what matters. just my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic