Design Flaw?

Reaction score
My Gopro bracket is very close to the ground (2-3 mm probably when on a desk for example)

When I take it to a field, this causes the h3-3d to hunt and twitch. It really cant be good for it.

So what does everyone else do with a P2 H3-3D and a GoPro - or is mine hanging lower than it should do?

Longer legs I hear everyone cry - but what about fitting in the case, and what about the compass.

I really ought to carry a helipad with me I suppose - it would help.

I would really appreciate your experiences.
Thanks

they are all the same, thats why i bought the taller/wider legs from ebay

IMG_1024_zps213e8f0f.jpg

p fandango, thanks for your reply and picture.

However, two points,

i) how do you manage to pack it in a case?
ii) what is the procedure for remounting the compass on the new legs (I have a version 2.0 compass)

Thanks

If you updated your 3D gimbal lately you probably notice it points down starting up. This is a glitch.

This is my 2nd Phantom and I have version 2 where the upgraded compass is inside the leg so i haven't used the tall wide legs. I used the tall wide legs from my 1st phantom if you want them just gimme 10 bucks shipping basically covers shipping.

For transport I use the Vanguard Uprise II 48. It expands out enough to accommodate the legs.

Otherwise i'm just find and use a piece of cardboard as a take off pad and I hand catch my phantom.

This case works flawlessly with extended gear from FPVmodel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 438
Hughie said:
i) how do you manage to pack it in a case?
ii) what is the procedure for remounting the compass on the new legs (I have a version 2.0 compass)
1) i use a cheap £5 box you can get from any hardware store, think i paid about £30 for the pluck'n'pick foam but don't even bother with that now tbh
2) as the new compass is moulded onto the legs i think your stuck, inless you can change to the older version

5_zps10d28272.jpg

Thanks for the replies, and d4ddyo thanks for the offer of the legs, but it looks as if I am stuck anyway because of the compass.
Time to get a piece of hardboard as a helipad.

Hughie said:
Thanks for the replies, and d4ddyo thanks for the offer of the legs, but it looks as if I am stuck anyway because of the compass.
Why are you stuck because of the compass? The compass can simply be detachec from the legs and fit perfectly on the larger legs.

aartsf said:
Hughie said:
Why are you stuck because of the compass? The compass can simply be detachec from the legs and fit perfectly on the larger legs.
not on the V2's it can't, the compass is contoured into the leg

P2_series_new_compass-500x500.jpg

Was the same with my pv2+; but no problem. You still can detach it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20