Descent Reached 32mph

Reaction score
This is my last fast descent made. After this flight I discovered it had been a gps data error that had been leading to the scary decents I had experienced. *Edit: (In putting the video together I made a mistake and cut out a horizontal flight that was in the lower 60mph.) The 63mph flight is in the video at the 2:22 flight time point.

But You can admire the customizing I did with the gauges I used in this video. The 32mph deal happens while descending around the 3/4 area of the video. Watch the mph gauge during that time, it happens quick.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603lntVYmgE[/youtube]

I'm confused. What is this post about?

So it actually descended at 32mph? At 1000 feet height you'd be on the ground in less than 25 seconds no?

I believe he was descending at 32mph

How did you get sound ?

Thats what I hate about vision+ camera, no sound so makes the videos more boring I rekon.

I'm sorry, but are you trying to say that the quad was moving down at 32 mph vertically? That doesn't seem to be the case looking at the video and overlay. A short time before the 32 mph readout you can see altitude bleeding off at a high rate, but the speedometer reads 0.1 mph. So that tells me that the speedometer is only for lateral speed, not altitude as well. So the 32 mph is just your lateral speed, if I understand correctly... You just happen to be also descending at the same time... So what are you talking about?

Correct... The speedometer only shows lateral speed... not descend speed... so he was descending and traveling laterally at 32 mph... maybe that's his problem? Maybe his bird won't hold GPS position while descending? Surely wasn't descending very fast though.

Yes that's correct. It was the gps error I was pointing out at the point in which the speed sudden increased up to 32mph.

I also thought I removed the part showing 63mph horizontal, but someone pointed out it's in the video before descending about the 2:22 mark.

ooh.. so you weren't actually descending at 32mph... you were just descending but moving laterally 32mph ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31