Descent is TOOOO Slow!

Try adjusting your VERTICAL gain, under PC assistant, under BASIC tab, under GAIN sub-tab!
10% increments at a time, I'm not sure if you need MORE ( + ) gain, or less ( - ) gain?
I would say MORE , as I believe it increases up AND down speed, verses, up positive,( more gain ) and down negative ( less gain )

You will have to play with it,

( I'm not 100% sure this is the fix, as I own a P2V, and not the + !
But it DEFINITELY sounds like a gain setting issue!

I'm sure they slowed it down in default, to counteract ( toilet bowl effect )
This is where the phantom passes through its own prop wash, as it descends to
Fast, starts pitching side-to-side violently, and many incidents where people could NOT
pull out of causing crash, and loss of phantom! ( some call it vortex effect )?

So keep this in mind!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

thanks for the info....it just feels like if i needed to get the hell out of the way of something...i would be screwed.

if a copter was coming in my direction...i dont think i could get my bird down in time lol

No problem,
Thank you for posting, as I did not know that about the PLUS !
I was thinking as well, they may have slowed it down, for another reason, better ( more stable pictures/videos, ) we all know to get good stable in focus shits we use very small inputs on controll sticks, smaller slower more fluid motions, if you fly fast making drastic turns and such, although picture video QUALITY WILL BE GOOD, video will be very jumpy, and hard to watch!

Just my thoughts
Your friend,
Jerry D )

J Dot said:

I'm sure they slowed it down in default, to counteract ( toilet bowl effect )
This is where the phantom passes through its own prop wash, as it descends to
Fast, starts pitching side-to-side violently, and many incidents where people could NOT
pull out of causing crash, and loss of phantom! ( some call it vortex effect )?

So keep this in mind!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )
Sorry to be pedantic but as far as I understand, the toilet bowl effect is the slow circling that some get due to compass problems - what you are describing is the Vortex Ring State also known as settling with power.

(although a toilet bowl might come in handy should you get into this state :))

Also be careful not to shut down the motors if you hold down the throttle too long.

I don't know if it was in 2.0 or 3.0 that they limited the decent speed to 2m per second.
To prevent Vortex ring state.
So I would recommend that is you get into a situation and you need to avoid an object.
to try to power up and fly over. (If possible)
Skip to 1min to the actual event.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIuO66WjDY[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic