Descends after take off

Reaction score
I have the P3P and about 40 flights. Updated FW, everything calibrated and VPS turned off.
Always take off manually and will pop it up to 8'-10' before heading out on a run.
What's odd is that I'll take it up and hover and it slowly descends (sinks) to about 6' yet altitude will read 10' or even higher. Once it's hovering and I take it up another couple feet it's stable. Just seems to be the "sinking" happens on take-off.
When I bring it in for hand catch it's rock steady.
This isn't new and something I've learned to deal with since day one.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Other than that and the occasional pilot app crash it flies very well.

I have the P3P and about 40 flights. Updated FW, everything calibrated and VPS turned off.
Always take off manually and will pop it up to 8'-10' before heading out on a run.
What's odd is that I'll take it up and hover and it slowly descends (sinks) to about 6' yet altitude will read 10' or even higher. Once it's hovering and I take it up another couple feet it's stable. Just seems to be the "sinking" happens on take-off.
+1

Yes, this happens to me as well. With 1.1.9, it was crazy stable. As soon as I "upgraded" to the latest firmware back when it first came out, the behavior you described was introduced. Like you said, it still flies very well anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
This forum should have a huge banner that says:

Do NOT update your firmware if it's currently working fine!

- I see so many posts of people having issues with newer firmware and it breaks my heart to read these posts. My main reason why I will not update my FW as long as my aircraft continues to fly perfectly like it does.

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31