Definitive list of what's in each Phantom version?

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller...

I just recently purchased a Phantom that says 1.2.1 as the version. Is there a single definitive list of what this version contains? I.e. What version of the NAZA hardware do I have, etc, should I have expected the gimbal control lever (not present) and things like that. It seems like there are a lot of versions floating around and a lot of variance when a a dealer says "newest version".

- Tom

tomcole said:
Long time listener, first time caller...

I just recently purchased a Phantom that says 1.2.1 as the version. Is there a single definitive list of what this version contains? I.e. What version of the NAZA hardware do I have, etc, should I have expected the gimbal control lever (not present) and things like that. It seems like there are a lot of versions floating around and a lot of variance when a a dealer says "newest version".

- Tom
Problem is that DJI have muddled the version numbering. v1.1.1 is a newer version than 1.2.1. !!

Does your Phantom have 1 or 2 antenna attached to the landing gear?

Just one antenna. I think this means I have:

* self-tightening prop nuts
* NAZA-M V2 (need to open case to confirm, I guess)

I do not have:

* DBUS radio
* gimbal control level on TX

I tried to drag my feet long enough that "most recent version" would get me the gimbal control as a free-bee. And as you point out, 1.2.1 being older than 1.1.1 seems screwy but easy to confuse the fine folks at Amazon who are not experts in the product.

tomcole said:
Just one antenna. I think this means I have:

* self-tightening prop nuts
* NAZA-M V2 (need to open case to confirm, I guess)

I do not have:

* DBUS radio
* gimbal control level on TX

I tried to drag my feet long enough that "most recent version" would get me the gimbal control as a free-bee. And as you point out, 1.2.1 being older than 1.1.1 seems screwy but easy to confuse the fine folks at Amazon who are not experts in the product.
I could be wrong- but I think you will discover you have Naza-m v1.

I'm guessing if you don't have the two antennas then your version will not have a Naza v2! The self tightening prop's are one's they may have thrown in from the newer version!

Sigh. You are correct; it is a V1. So I guess this will be my "first Phantom" since it seems inevitable based on other posts that I will someday want or need a second one... :)

tomcole said:
Sigh. You are correct; it is a V1. So I guess this will be my "first Phantom" since it seems inevitable based on other posts that I will someday want or need a second one... :)
No chance of swapping out if you were offered the 'latest version? If not, hang in- you will still have fun!

There's a lot of talk about v1.1.1 having a naza v2 inside. I spoke to the UK DJI rep a few weeks ago and he said that the naza unit inside v1.1.1 phantoms is exactly the same as the in the previous phantoms. All they have done is put it in the black and orange v2 casing. The innards are exactly the same and have never changed. I don't see any reason for him to be telling porkies.

three6ty said:
There's a lot of talk about v1.1.1 having a naza v2 inside. I spoke to the UK DJI rep a few weeks ago and he said that the naza unit inside v1.1.1 phantoms is exactly the same as the in the previous phantoms. All they have done is put it in the black and orange v2 casing. The innards are exactly the same and have never changed. I don't see any reason for him to be telling porkies.

I thought similar, but I assume they have made a minor tweak to allow features in the vision (larger memory/updated components) and different FW than the naza V1 could handle.

A good way to get a decent list of each version:
Everyone list what version you have and what features came included.

Version: 1.1
Naza: Naza M (red/white)
Antennae:Dual Antennae FAAST
Transmitter: DBUS with gimbal control lever
Props: Clockwise/Counter clock wise (2 black/2 silver) Non self tightening
Landing Gear: Original, no soft landing pads
Extra: Usual accessories that come in box

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members