Definitive answer on Black Pearl 32 SMA and Immersion 600 tx

Reaction score
I'm a complete newbie and before buying an FPV i searched this board and read tons of threads trying to find the right combo of TX, RX and antenna. Well my FPV set up got to me today and I can't get more than 25 - 30 meters out of it and even at a few feet away the picture is fuzzy with snow. I have been searching for answers in the forum and now it seems that there is some debate about Immersion TX working with BP 32 channel. Some say it works great up to 1km others say it doesn't work at all. My set up is Blue Beam Ultra, Immersion 600w TX and Black Pearl 32 on a P2 with HD-3d and Go Pro Black. I have TX 1-4 all set to ON and the BP is in DIV mode on F and I have flipped through all channels but 1 seems to be the best (B - 1 seems to work just as good) I did the install today and I am getting video which makes me think that it is wired correctly ( I used the plug and play cable = easy set up). I left the top off and moved wires around to see if interference was the issue but no matter what I do I am only getting 20 meters before complete blackout. I found that taking the antennas off of the RX slightly improves the picture so I am wondering if I have bad antennas? I get the same performance out of stock Immersion antennas, blue beams and no antenna. I guess my main question is....is anyone using this setup and getting good signal/distance. If so can you share a detailed description of how you set it up. What you are broadcasting from TX what you are receiving in RX, which channel works best and more? Second question would be, What the heck am I doing wrong? I was so excited to get this and now I am worried that I wasted money. I wouldn't want to fly with the current setups performance for any reason as it is useless.

Thanks Costa C

Re: Definitive answer on Black Pearl 32 SMA and Immersion 60

I Don't have that actual equipment, but here's a tip: you shouldn't have to guess about channels. Look up the documentation for the ImmersionRC transmitter, and figure out exactly what channel you're on ("TX 1-4 ON")... there will be a table which shows which switch settings are what channel, and the corresponding frequency.

Then do the same thing for your BP. somewhere there's a table which lists exactly which channels match what frequencies. make sure both devices are on the same frequency

that being said, this forum is full of people saying the 32 channel BP display doesn't work well with that transmitter. There's a 7 channel version of the display that does, or there's the Boscam RX-LCD5802 32 channel display which people say works fine.
I'm afraid I can't elaborate more since I don't have that BP screen but I spend a lot of time on this forum and it's all over the place. do some browsing or searching through the FPV forum you should find plenty of discussions about it

QYV,
Thanks for the tips. I have looked at the channel charts but things just don't seem right. The signal is about the same in B /2 on the BP as it is when I am in F + correct channel match on both. It is boggling my mind. I don't understand how a completely different channel is getting the same signal as the correct one. I have been reading tons of threads on this forum to find out what is up and it seems that I ordered the wrong BP although I can find examples of people getting 1km out of this set up. I should have ordered the 7 channel and not the 32. Looks like the best fix is to purchase a new TX - I think this is the one I will go with - http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-AV-7- ... sight.html - problem is, I live in Costa Rica and it will take months to get this to me. Uggg

Update on the BP - I am getting about 100 meters out of it but the screen is never clear and jumps around a lot. I am going to try setting both the camera and TX to Pal to see if that does anything but I am not holding my breath. Looks like I will be flying w/o good FPV for another few months
Thanks again for the tips!
Happy Flying
CostaC

good luck mate. you're right it's probably cheaper to swap out the video Tx and not the display. The good news is once you swap that out it'll probably be a huge improvement, the rest of your setup seems totally solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers