Defective Phantom Redux

Reaction score
I finally got to fly in a day with very little wind, perhaps 5mph or less, and I found that the uncommanded yaw was much reduced. It seems one cannot fly a P2 in wind and shoot stable footage.

However, I still have crazy shaking. I'm using the grey dampeners. See footage example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_Zlvl ... e=youtu.be

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to know.

Can you give some details on your whole setup?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Try flying in atti mode and use black dampners

The problem you find flying in GPS mode, even in the slightest breeze is that the NAZA will constantly be adjusting the position on the P2 to try and keep in in the same spot.

As EMCSQUAR said, if you switch to ATTI the NAZA is no longer interested in the lateral position and only the vertical so it stops trying to keep you pegged to the GPS location; this will give you much better footage however you will need to keep your concentration if you fly ATTI in a slight wind cause the P2 will drift.

Thank you. The example was shot in ATTI mode. I'm pretty much convinced my gimbal is defective. I have never been able to get rid of that shake despite changing gains, doing calibrations, changing dampers, flying in wind, flying in calm, changing my rx and using a T8J. Other people get rock solid footage out of the box. It's been two months for me and still nothing usable.

goldfishrock said:
The problem you find flying in GPS mode, even in the slightest breeze is that the NAZA will constantly be adjusting the position on the P2 to try and keep in in the same spot.

As EMCSQUAR said, if you switch to ATTI the NAZA is no longer interested in the lateral position and only the vertical so it stops trying to keep you pegged to the GPS location; this will give you much better footage however you will need to keep your concentration if you fly ATTI in a slight wind cause the P2 will drift.

Its frustrating not getting the steady type of footage you see in loads of peoples videos. My setup a Phantom 1 with aeroxcraft gimbal suffers yaw issues which I expected but also little jumps & bumps in the footage. This mainly occurs in any weather conditions less them completely calm. I had considered upgrading to a Phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal. But as your and other videos have shown its no assurance of stable footage. I have tried ATTI and that still seems bumpy as well. And so far most of the best videos I have seen from a Phantom on vimeo were shot using GPS- most puzzling! Would love to find out the secret to stable footage!

bill

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik