Defective gimbal? Tilt twitch jello issues

Reaction score
Here's the video showing the, what I believe is, defective gimbal of my Phantom 2 Vision Plus.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhuela7fdznzu56/DJI00030.MP4

The jello affect is there pretty much from start to finish. You'll see the
gimbal twitch from right to center around the 0:22 mark. Also, notice the slant/tilt in the camera.

When I do a power cycle of the Phantom, the camera goes back to being level. Its level when I power on the Phantom before CSC. After CSC and when its airborne the gimbal twitches and the cameras tilts a few
degrees, not to mention the jello affect becomes apparent. Also when its on the ground I sometimes get the gimbal error message on my fpv on my iPhone.

I have all the latest firmware, 3.02, 1.0.1.27 etc. btw. Filmed that at 1080p30fps.

Is the issue?
1) firmware
2) hardware (defective gimbal)

Any confirmed fixes?

TIA!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399917268.710771.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399917268.710771.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 802
Just posted a message and video with the same problem. My twitchy gimbal it worse than the jello but both are there. Hope there is an easy solution as spares appear to be non existent and Ive only had the P2V+ a week. :(

Hey guys...
They gotta go back....well that is unless DJI comes up with a fix for it. I had bad jello and gimble twitch to the left mostly. DJI told me to send it in for diagnosis(approx one week diag time)....UMMMMMMMMMMMM.NOOOOOOOO

Return for refund,
Bought another through Daves ...this one is perfect. Very happy..

Send em back guys!

Fixed it. Hardware issue. Changed gimbal and video has no more hello or twitch. I believe jello was coming from the vibration of the gimbal. I did hear a constant humming noise from the gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.