Defective Camera?

Reaction score
I've been having problems connecting to my camera, today I figured out that my camera was telling me something with the lights... I created a short video so everyone could see what's going on... any assistance is appreciated!

http://youtu.be/DaS-C1y_4jQ]http://youtu.be/DaS-C1y_4jQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The light on the gimbal offers a visual indication of the camera & Wi-Fi status. The LED codes are listed on page 20 of the Phantom manual. (Note: the page may have changed as I run 3.0 firmware and haven't updated to the latest manual.)
The Vision+ gimbal assembly includes camera, gimbal, Micro-SD card slot & USB card reader port, as well as the Wi-Fi. It could very well be that your gimbal assembly is defective. Pressing record may be drawing enough power that the gimbal shuts down.

Your gimbal light turned off when you hit record, and your camera never started recording. At that point you lost your Wi-Fi connection. Try starting your recording manually. Get set up again, app connected where you can control camera tilt, and press the little button on the bottom of the gimbal. Assuming you have a good Micro-SD card installed, the camera should start recording, and the gimbal light should change from green to yellow. If you haven't tried this already, try this and get back with the results. If you get the same result, I would say that is a good indication the gimbal assembly is defective.

Dirty Bird said:
The light on the gimbal offers a visual indication of the camera & Wi-Fi status. The LED codes are listed on page 20 of the Phantom manual. (Note: the page may have changed as I run 3.0 firmware and haven't updated to the latest manual.)
The Vision+ gimbal assembly includes camera, gimbal, Micro-SD card slot & USB card reader port, as well as the Wi-Fi. It could very well be that your gimbal assembly is defective. Pressing record may be drawing enough power that the gimbal shuts down.

Your gimbal light turned off when you hit record, and your camera never started recording. At that point you lost your Wi-Fi connection. Try starting your recording manually. Get set up again, app connected where you can control camera tilt, and press the little button on the bottom of the gimbal. Assuming you have a good Micro-SD card installed, the camera should start recording, and the gimbal light should change from green to yellow. If you haven't tried this already, try this and get back with the results. If you get the same result, I would say that is a good indication the gimbal assembly is defective.

Good Luck, mine was a bad SD. What made it tough was being intermittent

Looks like its a defective gimbal/camera for sure. Just did both things suggested... As soon as I held manual record button for two seconds, light turned red then off immediately with "connection to Phantom Failed" error message. Tried another SD card with same result. Was able to snap 1 picture manually, one on each card, so I don't think it's a card issue. Now to see if DJI responds to my email and I get to try to figure out exchanging this thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you're keeping score... My RMA was approved and I got my brand new P2V+ last night... batteries are charged and I'm ready to fly again... Now I'll get to experience FPV and recorded flights!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl