Defective Camera replacement (Soft Focus issue)

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am curios if anyone got its FC200 replaced for a version that has no issues. If so: Did they replace the whole vision or just the camera? Were you asked to send in the whole vision? Where were you asked to ship it to and finally: How long did that take?

I am asking because I wonder if there are any cameras that don't have that issue?

Thank you!

semaj said:
Right side on mine is blurred/soft... Waiting a response from B&H...

I have he exct same problem, also purchased from B&H, debating on wether or not I should send it back, seems like everyone has had the same issue.

Just got this from B&H after letting them know about the soft focus on just one side. Seems like they don't get it because this doesn't magically fix a defective camera unit.

Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. There is actually a lens profile that you can download and update which improves the quality of the images.
http://www.dji.com/feature/phantom-2-vision-features/
If you scroll down to the section about the Adobe lens profile you will see a link to download the lens profile.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you for choosing B&H.

Uggggghhhhh!!

Had the same problem with mine although I bought from All e RC via Amazon. They were very nice and quickly gave me the address to return it. I returned just the camera and had a replacement back within 10 days. Unfortunately it is also bad (maybe worse), but on the other side. Now they are waiting to hear back from DJI about what to do. I really need to send this one back as it is CLEARLY faulty. I can't spend $1200 on a flying camera that is broken from day 1. It's now been about 4 business days and no word yet. They seem knowledgable and well-meaning so I am far from giving up hope.

In the meantime it's fun flying around and learning to be a better pilot.

ZonComGMZ said:
Just got this from B&H after letting them know about the soft focus on just one side. Seems like they don't get it because this doesn't magically fix a defective camera unit... Uggggghhhhh!!
The B&H folks are pro's when it comes to photography. Explain your problem to them in terms they understand. In other words shoot a couple of pics and upload them to an image server so they can view them full-resolution un-altered. You also wasn't to make it easy or them to spot the problem, so be sure to email them a photo w/enlargements of the left, center, and right sides of the picture. Keep it real... take your own pictures, don't use someone else's posted samples. If necessary, they in-turn can submit your photos to DJI for investigation, comment, and replacement.

iDrone

I believe is a manufacturing defect... I'm betting all Vision cameras are this way... Most probably look past it and since it does not occur during video, it's probably ignored by other vision owners... In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to send back until DJI acknowledges the issue and provides a fix/resolution for this... It is annoying, but I will deal with it for now... Would really piss me off to send the camera in just to receive another jacked up camera in return... I've already email DJI's support, please do the same... The more the better for all of us...

Yes a manufacturing defect, but not all P2Vs have it. I've seen a few stills posted that looked fine. And my video is NOT really ok. Not as bad as the stills, but definitely soft on the left side of the frame. Certainly you will have to provide samples to back up your claim that the unit is faulty. The guys at All e RC are very careful about this and seem to know what they're doing. Still no word - I assume due to CES.

I had issue with left side. Bought at B&H and did get them with no issue to replace entire unit. I just got it yesterday and nit had a chance to check to see if any better then the first. Will update when I have. B&H was great to me

Patb01027 said:
I had issue with left side. Bought at B&H and did get them with no issue to replace entire unit. I just got it yesterday and nit had a chance to check to see if any better then the first. Will update when I have. B&H was great to me

Did you send the whole P2V back or just the camera? I already did some mods to the P2V so I don't know how well that would be received back. Wondering if they can switch out the camera with a good one if there is such a thing.

ZonComGMZ said:
Patb01027 said:

Did you send the whole P2V back or just the camera? I already did some mods to the P2V so I don't know how well that would be received back. Wondering if they can switch out the camera with a good one if there is such a thing.

I sent entire unit back. I had not done any mods

Yes... They want me to send unit back for replacement, however, it's on hold waiting confirmation from DJI of a real resolution. I expect to get a response anytime... Will most likely send entire system as I don't want to take the unit apart just to put back together...

semaj said:
Yes... They want me to send unit back for replacement, however, it's on hold waiting confirmation from DJI of a real resolution. I expect to get a response anytime... Will most likely send entire system as I don't want to take the unit apart just to put back together...

Let me know. My right side is soft and would like to talk to B&H about it but really interested on sending camera only

semaj said:
I believe is a manufacturing defect... I'm betting all Vision cameras are this way... Most probably look past it and since it does not occur during video, it's probably ignored by other vision owners... In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to send back until DJI acknowledges the issue and provides a fix/resolution for this... It is annoying, but I will deal with it for now... Would really piss me off to send the camera in just to receive another jacked up camera in return... I've already email DJI's support, please do the same... The more the better for all of us...

Yeah I'm exactly in the same boat :twisted:
Mine is blurred in the left hand side and as you (I only had mine for a week) I would really be pissed off if I just got another bad on in return.

My camera is soft on the left side, I sent an e-mail to DJI directly and never herd back, so I called Intelligent UAS where I purchased the P2V, and the woman said she couldn't help me over the phone that I would have to contact there support department by e-mail. When I objected she suggested I fill out a return order at the bottom of there home page. So my choice may be to return it or have new lens installed at Ragecams for $489.

68gtconv said:
My camera is soft on the left side, I sent an e-mail to DJI directly and never herd back, so I called Intelligent UAS where I purchased the P2V, and the woman said she couldn't help me over the phone that I would have to contact there support department by e-mail. When I objected she suggested I fill out a return order at the bottom of there home page. So my choice may be to return it or have new lens installed at Ragecams for $489.
would be nice if we could see the result of this lens upgrade from ragecams

but the video they posted on website seem is made with a gopro, not with the p2v camera :roll:
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/nit6j8waqp5ef ... s-Wide.rar)

When I contacted my dealer about a defective focusing camera, they just sent me a replacement one. Was a very easy job to replace and rebind. Excellent service.

New one is better- not perfect but good enough that it is usable.

amrflyingdude said:
semaj said:

Let me know. My right side is soft and would like to talk to B&H about it but really interested on sending camera only

B&H wants to replace the entire unit. They said they just (this week) received a new shipment of P2V's from DJI and I will get one of those. Also, if the problem exist in the new P2V, they will gladly exchange again until I am satisfied. I received my paid shipping label and am shipping mine back today...

I got this response from B&H this morning...

Hello James Stephens, my name is Graham N:

Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. This is a reported issue however the amount of units sold versus the amount of units reported with this issue is still considered a minority. DJi is correcting the issue and so with replacements being shipped with the corrected cameras you should not experience this again.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20