Deer yesterday

Reaction score
Our area has been flooded out by Hurricane Harvey. These deer are seeking dry land and food. Came across them yesterday. I got fairly close to them as they're not used to hearing a drone. At one point, I was 35 feet away from them and 21 feet high. When I saw one prick up his ears, I'd go into a hover. You can see it happen, then they go back to grazing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your video is not public but keep in mind... harassing wildlife is a crime. I'm not saying anything about your flight (I can't even see it) but consider that someone might take offense and report your video to the FAA.

I'm not getting into a debate on this... I'm just letting you know so that you cab consider this. Thanks

Reactions: flyboy73
I wish this forum had a thumbs down. Just sayin'

Nowhere do you see me buzzing or otherwise harrassing these animals. Except for the extraneous noise created by the drone, they could care less what's around them. What's the difference between this and hiding in a blind taking pictures and the shutter going off, making them do the same thing?

Reactions: D3ADP3P and Pharm
Our area has been flooded out by Hurricane Harvey. These deer are seeking dry land and food. Came across them yesterday. I got fairly close to them as they're not used to hearing a drone. At one point, I was 35 feet away from them and 21 feet high. When I saw one prick up his ears, I'd go into a hover. You can see it happen, then they go back to grazing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome video[emoji1360]Ive been wanting to do that here in Arkansas

Cool. I don't see any evidence of harassment. I have a few videos of close encounters with deer as well. They completely ignored my Phantom.

Nowhere do you see me buzzing or otherwise harrassing these animals. Except for the extraneous noise created by the drone, they could care less what's around them. What's the difference between this and hiding in a blind taking pictures and the shutter going off, making them do the same thing?

Absolutely no sign of any harassment lol! Some people just have to criticize & complain constantly.

Reactions: cfd701
Great video. No signs of harassment mate. If there was then they all would have ran away. And to be honest I saw a few cars moving at then end. I bet they went even closer with kids opening the windows shouting out to the deer's saying how cool they are. Then also stray dogs chasing them.... Believe me... You done nothing wrong. You had a great opportunity and you took it [emoji4] I would have done the same [emoji4]

My dogs chase deer weekly. Keeps the deer in shape for when something more athletic and considerably faster come along. Good to see we can help nature take care of itsself by drone too. ;]

Reactions: Neon Euc and cfd701
If the OP had been chasing deer in the wild, that might be harassment. What he did here is no worse than a car driving by legally, or some kids playing on the playground. Lighten up, people.

I doubt video of deer from a drone will harm them.
Dashcam footage on the other hand....

on the other hand what?
Monte he means if you get it on your Dash Cam you have hit it as it has run out in front of you :)

Reactions: KentA
Isn't the school yard a NFZ?:rolleyes:

Tobby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic