Decrease Yaw sensitivity

Reaction score
Hi All,

When I use the left joystick to go up/down I find myself also slightly moving the yaw left or right. The yaw controls seem to be very sensitive.

Is it possible to change the yaw sensitivity in the controller without affecting the altitude sensitivity?

Thanks

Gains affect the time it takes for the airframe to respond. You can try adjusting these in the PT2 software.

dptcalvin said:
Gains affect the time it takes for the airframe to respond. You can try adjusting these in the PT2 software.

I wouldn't recommend changing the yaw gains in the phantom assist. This will NOT slow down the yaw speed. Adjusting these settings will affect the flight behaviours and reaction speed of the motors. It will cause the phantom to wobble and produce unwanted jello.

If you want to slow down yaw, you can do 2 things:
1. Practice using pinch controls - using your thumb and index fingers on the sticks.
2. Look up on youtube for the Yaw mod - I don't have link as I'm at work. It's cheap and easy if you know how to solder. It essentially places a 10k resistor on the yaw and decreases sensitivity.

I did the yaw mod and have had 2 flights. Love it!!! you just need to remember to disable when you do CSC to start motors.
With the yaw mod enababled, it also forces your to kill motors by holding down as the CSC to stop motors no longer works.

Give it time you'll be able to go up or down without yawing . Practice :D

Mako79 said:
dptcalvin said:

I wouldn't recommend changing the yaw gains in the phantom assist. This will NOT slow down the yaw speed. Adjusting these settings will affect the flight behaviours and reaction speed of the motors. It will cause the phantom to wobble and produce unwanted jello.

If you want to slow down yaw, you can do 2 things:
1. Practice using pinch controls - using your thumb and index fingers on the sticks.
2. Look up on youtube for the Yaw mod - I don't have link as I'm at work. It's cheap and easy if you know how to solder. It essentially places a 10k resistor on the yaw and decreases sensitivity.

I did the yaw mod and have had 2 flights. Love it!!! you just need to remember to disable when you do CSC to start motors.
With the yaw mod enababled, it also forces your to kill motors by holding down as the CSC to stop motors no longer works.
I didn't say it affects the speed. ;)

The yaw mode does affect the speed, but I believe he's just looking to make the stick less sensitive to yaw control.

You can also take the back off controller,
There are tensioners, for each stick movement,
find the YAW SPRING ( you'll see it move when you move yaw
Stick, there is a Phillips screw on top of spring, this will make the stick
Tighter, and harder to move, the more you tighten screw, and opposite applies
Looser screw, looser stick . Do not go crazy, quarter turn at a time, check stick, adjust,
Ect, until desired tension is acheived! This might help without crazy mods, or gain adjusting.
Also you can lengthen your control sticks, by unscrewing them out a bit, again, a little goes a
Long way, make sure you tighten them down after adjusting them.
Like this ( loosen top half, then bottom half, then tighten top against bottom to lock it in )
Try these first,before you modify anything.

Remember ( practice is always best solution ) they are correct, I did the same thing, at first,
But got better over time.

Try flying patterns:
Circles ( front facing away )
Figure 8's
Squares front facing different directions ( away, towards , left, and right )
This is great practice, and can be fun!
Once you learn orientation, you'll only improve your piloting, from there!

Hope this helps,
Take care, Fly safe
J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik