Decisions Decisions

Reaction score
I sold a couple of toys from my other hobby (Ham Radio) and have enough money to purchase either a refurbished P4 or a Mavic. I've pretty much decided on the P4 as I'll be able afford the bird an extra battery, and a few other things. Whereas I would only be able to purchase the Mavic by itself.

As far as I can tell, electronically they are pretty much identical. Slightly different cameras and the Mavic can fly further away. As I'm never planning on going further than a mile (and that rarely if ever) so 3.1 miles for the P4 is more than sufficient for me.

I'll be placing my order tomorrow and wanted to get any last minute advice the forum may want to give before I pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd personally go with the P4 based on performance, unless you need a smaller model. With the Mavic's small size, it can easily be transported when travelling. The P4, however, requires a much larger pack to house it and accessories.

Reactions: tjshelton
I'd personally go with the P4 based on performance, unless you need a smaller model. With the Mavic's small size, it can easily be transported when travelling. The P4, however, requires a much larger pack to house it and accessories.
Although the Mavic's size is a nice selling point, I'm not terribly concerned with size. If I can carry it in my trunk, or fit it in my carry-on, I'm good.

@tjshelton you just have to ask yourself if portability is the most important to you. If it is, then the Mavic is absolutely what you want.

If not, from what I understand, the P4 is just as good if not better in every way

(dont quote me... )

o_O

I love the mavic and will probably have one someday but man once it's in the air, it's gone. I cant believe how hard it is to find once it's in the air.

The Phantom is obviously easier to find if anything because its big and noisy.

@tjshelton you just have to ask yourself if portability is the most important to you. If it is, then the Mavic is absolutely what you want.

If not, from what I understand, the P4 is just as good if not better in every way

(dont quote me... )

o_O

I love the mavic and will probably have one someday but man once it's in the air, it's gone. I cant believe how hard it is to find once it's in the air.

The Phantom is obviously easier to find if anything because its big and noisy.
My wife is telling me that I'll probably end up with a Mavic anyways... but for now I'm still leaning towards the P4

My wife is telling me that I'll probably end up with a Mavic anyways... but for now I'm still leaning towards the P4

with a wife that cool with it, why not have both....?

:D

she will wanna play too, right?

Refurbished P4 ordered from DJI... extra battery ordered from Amazon. Anything else I should pick up while I'm at it?

Recommendations vary, but most would agree that you will eventually want a good set of ND filters. Lots of good ones out there and many have commented on them. I use a good set from Taco that screw on just like the stock UV filter and come in ax ice padded hard case.

Reactions: Indiana Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair