Decision time - return it or just fly it

Reaction score
I've got to decide if I am going to send back to Amazon my brand new unflown P2V+V3 or not. Sitting right on top of the fence but leaning slightly towards returning it. I've spent hours reading these forums over the last two days and I am completely torn as to what to do. Despite my Jan 1 order I seem to have recieved one of the earlier V3 models as I've got unmarked ESC's and the old non-vented wi-fi box. I also suspect that the motors, while the new(er) ones are not the very latest as well.

If I return it for a refund I will wait until I am sure that all of the old stock is cleared out as there is no way to tell from the box what you are going to get. This means I am grounded for a few months. Weather is bad up here most of the time so not a huge loss but I will for sure miss the thrill of flying and taking photos from unique viewpoints. Also I have heard rumors of a Phantom 3. More reasons to wait.

On the other hand I could just say to hell with it and fly the crap out of it and see what happens. If it crashes due to no fault of my own (i.e. esc failure) I would just deal with it then. Problem is I am now paranoid about flying these things in the city as my first one glitched, lost power in mid flight, then plummeted to earth and was pretty much destroyed in front of my eyes. That one was shipped back to Amazon a few weeks ago and I got a full refund and turned around and "upgraded" (ya right) to the V3 which is now the source of my quandry.

Please throw your opinions my way. I am sure there are a lot of other people with new V3's in my boat.

2ry1387.jpg

russianfront said:
I've got to decide if I am going to send back to Amazon my brand new unflown P2V+V3 or not. Sitting right on top of the fence but leaning slightly towards returning it. I've spent hours reading these forums over the last two days and I am completely torn as to what to do. Despite my Jan 1 order I seem to have recieved one of the earlier V3 models as I've got unmarked ESC's and the old non-vented wi-fi box. I also suspect that the motors, while the new(er) ones are not the very latest as well.

If I return it for a refund I will wait until I am sure that all of the old stock is cleared out as there is no way to tell from the box what you are going to get. This means I am grounded for a few months. Weather is bad up here most of the time so not a huge loss but I will for sure miss the thrill of flying and taking photos from unique viewpoints. Also I have heard rumors of a Phantom 3. More reasons to wait.

On the other hand I could just say to hell with it and fly the crap out of it and see what happens. If it crashes due to no fault of my own (i.e. esc failure) I would just deal with it then. Problem is I am now paranoid about flying these things in the city as my first one glitched, lost power in mid flight, then plummeted to earth and was pretty much destroyed in front of my eyes. That one was shipped back to Amazon a few weeks ago and I got a full refund and turned around and "upgraded" (ya right) to the V3 which is now the source of my quandry.

Please throw your opinions my way. I am sure there are a lot of other people with new V3's in my boat.

Not so sure you will know what you will get even if you wait. I have an older serial # than you but it seems I possibly have newer ESC's.

Check my post here in the below link.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32903&start=70

I think once you fly it you wont want to return it because it's so much fun and the pics are great.

Send it back and get a standard Vision, no problems reported with them as far as i know, then add a new rotorpixel gimbal and your good to go

Whether you fly with the one you have or wait for a different model or even buy a used one that has never had any problems, you will still have to fly with the knowledge that your craft could fail and fall at any time. You have to plan your flights accordingly to minimize the chances of injuring anyone or causing any property damage.
I would get out and fly. The more experience you have, the more enjoyment you will get, and the better pilot you will be. You gain nothing by sitting inside and worrying.
Fly safe, fly often
:D

right.jpg

Fly it and don't worry

Besides with all the hubbub about the issues with version 3 p2v+ quads its nuts

There is a thread about the motor/esc issue so you may want to check it out

clayton4115 said:
the lifecycle of these phantoms are around 4 months (what I read) so in a couple of months time a new version will be out, no doubt.

Have you seen the inspire 1 ? Looks great but the price isn't chump change

It's only a matter of time though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4