Deciding on which iPad to purchase

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the Phantom 3 Professional. I'm in the market to buy an iPad and not sure which one I should purchase. There is iPad 3 and or iPad air 1, 2 or 3. Preferably a refurbished one as I will only be using it to fly just not sure which one would sufficiently be the best one to use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello,

I have the Phantom 3 Professional. I'm in the market to buy an iPad and not sure which one I should purchase. There is iPad 3 and or iPad air 1, 2 or 3. Preferably a refurbished one as I will only be using it to fly just not sure which one would sufficiently be the best one to use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
I would suggest a 3, I have a full size version, the trade out is the larger picture versus the lighter easier to handle Mini. I have a tripod table that I set my controller on, so the larger size is not problem for me.

Would the iPad to be sufficient to fly P3P?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436494136.897894.jpg

No you need at least the mini 2 or iPad Air. If you get the dji case which I highly recommend then the mini fits perfect although someone had a great idea for putting air between the top foam and case. Tried it with 13" Rmbp works as well.
For the price you showed for iPad 2 you can get a mini 2 with much better resolution and processor.

Thanks for your replies back. I appreciate it. Bobmyers, will the iPad 3 fit the P3P controller mount?

Mini 3 is pretty awesome. Retina display and definitely large enough screen yet not too big or bulky holding the remote/screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1