Decent gimbal for FC40

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a decent gimbal that will mount to the FC40 w/o many modifications? I'm looking to put a go pro.

I have a Tarot and love it, but it's a bit of a challenge to install. A lot of the guys here use the Walkera because it costs less, weighs less, and setup is a little less intense.

Doesn't really matter which one you pick as I'm sure one of us can walk you through the install.

Are you going to use Gopro or the FC40 cam? Most gimbals are designed for the weight and dimensions of the Gopro and getting the FC40 camera balanced correctly is a bit of a pain. I got the G-2D delivered yesterday and balancing the FC40 cam and removing "jello" effect has been quite challenging so far.

If you intend to use the FC-40 camera you will need to add about 20g of weight. I had significant jello on the ground which was even worse when flying. I've attached a pic of my crude and temporary weight adjustments which pretty much completely removed all jello on the ground and in the air.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    494.8 KB · Views: 1,012
Forgive my newbie comment here, but I too have been looking at getting a gimbal for my FC40. It looks like the gimbal/camera would hit the ground when landing or taking off. Do you need to get extended legs when using a gimbal?

could somebody post some links to the gimbals you have....trying to decipher on amazon and ebay which one is good is hard...I trust you guys more than them. Thanks.

ChrisV said:
It looks like the gimbal/camera would hit the ground when landing or taking off. Do you need to get extended legs when using a gimbal?

When you power the phontom up, the gimbal needs more clearance than the legs provide to do its calibration/orientation process. I just sit each leg on a CD case and that gives it enough room. I don't land any more, I catch the Phantom but depending on the pitch of your camera at the point of landing, there's just enough clearance with the Walkera G-2D gimbal.

midge93 said:
could somebody post some links to the gimbals you have....trying to decipher on amazon and ebay which one is good is hard...I trust you guys more than them. Thanks.

Don't know which country you're in so no point posting links to buy it but FYI, it's a Walkera G-2D I bought because Walkera are a pretty well known brand and it's apparently lighter than the majority of nameless Chinese gimbals.

IM going to order the new FC gimbal tonight, going to try mounting the Mobius on it, I have the fusuno landing gear with the extended spacers kit, cut both legs on gear 50mm, so its a tad bit taller then stock FC gear, but much wider stance, its very hard to tip it over, those stock landing gear just look ugly, very dumb looking . not to much brains went into them, with the spacer kit ,it has place to mount 2 batts on each side, and the compos is out of the way. let you know how it works out in a few days

pert said:
IM going to order the new FC gimbal tonight, going to try mounting the Mobius on it, I have the fusuno landing gear with the extended spacers kit, cut both legs on gear 50mm, so its a tad bit taller then stock FC gear, but much wider stance, its very hard to tip it over, those stock landing gear just look ugly, very dumb looking . not to much brains went into them, with the spacer kit ,it has place to mount 2 batts on each side, and the compos is out of the way. let you know how it works out in a few days

Cool. Pics would be great :)

don't know how to post pictures, but if you email me .I can send you one, im a cave man with a pac of matches when it comes to posting things on line. LOL

Use the controls below the message box, choose "Upload attachment" (It'll say choose file in your browser) Choose file from your computer, press "Add the file". Press Submit...

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2014-08-05 kl. 22.27.33.png
    Skærmbillede 2014-08-05 kl. 22.27.33.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 376

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl