December 5th -9 Celcuis test flight

Lovely weather I would happily swop. Great video Tony. I LOVE snow.
I am very firmly grounded! We are still having 70 - 90 mph winds and torrential rain. Been 3 weeks now and 10 day forecast showing no end to it!!!
This picture says it all - why do I have to live in the windiest and wettest place grrr!!

upload_2015-12-5_12-41-53.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-5_12-41-21.png
    upload_2015-12-5_12-41-21.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: D4T_PoM
Lovely weather I would happily swop. Great video Tony. I LOVE snow.
I am very firmly grounded! We are still having 70 - 90 mph winds and torrential rain. Been 3 weeks now and 10 day forecast showing no end to it!!!
This picture says it all - why do I have to live in the windiest and wettest place grrr!!

View attachment 37217
Yah weather been terrible here for flying as well! Seen an opening this morning and went for a quick blast.

My first cold weather flight and all went perfect but the battery life appears limited. Certainly it was dropping very quickly.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I did a number of flights the last few days at -10 F, or -23 C. However I did not observe a significant difference in battery life. At this temperature the battery dropped each time about 68% over 13 minutes. But flying the same route in September when it was much warmer I also dropped about 65% over roughly the same time period.

So without really digging into the numbers I'd estimate my battery life was only 3-5% less even at -10 F (-23 C).

Reactions: nhoover
Awesome video. I'm a new user, 1 1/2 months now. I've been wondering if I could fly in subzero temps.
Hey Blue Skies I am relatively new as well and I have been known to do a few stupid things so please do not believe because I did it that it will be ok lol. Not to suggest you are a follower but I am only saying this as I certainly see flying in clod weather likely increasing the possibilitiy of cracks in the body of the P3. Certainly the dramatic change in temperture would have the increase the risk factor. I have also flown in thick fog/ drizzle and light rain lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...not much video editing I see...:D:D:D
Nice places and nice weather (apart fo the cold)!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers