death wobble

Reaction score
ok, so I believe it is the compass because I recently got the f550 legs and rigged them to fit my phantom. i cut the old skid to where the post the compass is in the same spot as stock, however i feel it vibrates when i'm flying causing it to oscillate in the air. now the real problem is when i give it throttle in the up position whether it be moving forward or straight up. It gets the death wobble like one or more motors are working better than the others. it's not the props or motors. I tried it with cf and stock props. the lights are all green when taking off. but when it gets the death wobble it flashes 3 rapid red lights. do any of you know what this could be? i have calibrated the compass countless times as well as use magnets and did advanced cali in the assistant. i alsu used the old skid from the other side and mounted the compass in the stock setup. still ocilitaes badly

See if you can post the readings that you have with the Assistant for Gyroscope, Acceleration, and Compass. You can find them under tools.

all the stats were within the recommended parameters according to assistant. I put the old skid back on and the death wobble has gone away. but it can't seem to get a good lock with gps. it has been calibrated a few more times but still drifts and oscillates.

Did you try downloading the default settings, and then doing the IMU and compass calibration? Also, since you have been swapping landing gear, make sure that the compass is properly installed and facing the exact position.

what do you mean downloading the default settings. I clicked the default settings button in the assistant and the compass is in the exact same position as stock

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie