Dead Transmitter

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom. I have approximately 3-4 hours flying time with it. Today, however, I went to fly and my transmitter wouldn't power up. Thinking that the TX batteries were depleted, I replaced them. With fresh batteries, the transmitter still would not power up. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? Thanks.

mcummins said:
I have a new Phantom. I have approximately 3-4 hours flying time with it. Today, however, I went to fly and my transmitter wouldn't power up. Thinking that the TX batteries were depleted, I replaced them. With fresh batteries, the transmitter still would not power up. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? Thanks.

Assuming you put the batteries in correctly and it still does not work, contact the dealer.

If you want to open the Tx up (there is some guides online) check the electrical connects on the board, a wire coming off on its own is not un heard of. There is also a plug the come from the battery holder to the main board, check that is in securely and also there is a small fuse on the PCB board, check to see if that's blown.

Thanks for the suggestions. All wires are connected, plugs are all seated completely. Battery polarity is correct. Fuse appears to be intact.
There was a small (less than an inch long) piece of uninsulated wire loose inside the case. No indication of solder on it. Seemed to simply be an extraneous piece of wire that got left in the case. Could it have shorted out the board?

I don't know if that created your problem, but I have two loose pieces of hardware in my phantom, a small washer that dropped out and a c-clamp piece of tiny metal rattling around in the led housing. Both big issues if they shorted out electronics. Maybe some sloppy quality control at the factory, like your tx. I'm just hoping they are extra pieces that fell in and not off something important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav