Dead right out of the box?

Reaction score
This is my new P3P - it looks okay on power up but then the gimbal goes limp. The "purring" you hear is far more pronounced in the video than it is in person. It's exaggerated in the video.

See this video I shot this morning:

P3 Fail App Snapshot.PNG

try unplugging and replugging the cable at both ends if possible.

Yes it's 2 sets of wires
And hey u never know that might solve your issue

Or remove the micro SD card on the side of the gimbal and see if it starts up normal and not limp. If so format the SD card and put back in and u should be good

I had this issue and it turned out to be the sd card. New card formatted properly and problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't see "ones" (plural). I do see one multi-pin that I might be able to reach if I removed the safety pin and bushings. Is that it?

If that was disconnected would the gimbal do the dance at all?
There are two cables...one on the side next the USB port, and one at the back next to the VPS housing.

When u took out the sd card did u start it up without the card in there to try it out.

Sorry I could not be any assistance to help u with this issue u are having.

At the risk of exacerbating further woes, your post dates are fairly recent, but it appears as though you have an "older" new P3P. Those motors have been replaced by new models with model reinforcements for what I'm told has been a while now.

Perhaps some of the more experienced DJI proponents can confirm my observation.

Thank you. That it is a slightly older model is related to it being DOA?

At the risk of exacerbating further woes, your post dates are fairly recent, but it appears as though you have an "older" new P3P. Those motors have been replaced by new models with model reinforcements for what I'm told has been a while now.

Perhaps some of the more experienced DJI proponents can confirm my observation.

I personally wouldn't mess with it, but would return it for a new one. It's not your responsibility after paying so much.

However, I understand the waiting aspect and the new toy thing, so here's a video. The subject is how to remove the gimbal, which you are not doing, but it should clear up where the multi-pin connectors are.

Chris

Reactions: adanac

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl