dead battery after storage

Reaction score
I put my P4 away for several months with 3 batteries. The one battery that was left in the P4 is dead. The other 2 were at 2 lights and charged up nicely. I tried to put the one with no lights on the charger for 2 hours and it's not responsive. It has little usage, maybe 10 charges. It's now slightly over 1 year old.

Question: Has anyone came up with a way to revive one? I searched and found several Inspire 1 batteries the were taken apart and revived but nothing on the P4 battery. Hate to throw it away with so little use. Thanks

>>It makes sense. The power supply, what many of us call a charger, is just that, a DC power supply. The 'charger' part is in the battery.
There is a switch in the battery that allows incoming DC power to get to the cells which requires power to be able to open. (A command from the 'Intelligence')
>>With the battery completely dead, it cannot send the command to open. This same 'intelligence' is what stops the flow of power to the cells when the battery is fully charged. Without that, the battery would burn up.
>>Opening the battery and bypassing that switch puts some energy into the cells, so that when reconnected, the intelligence can evaluate the cells and cause the switch to open and allow the battery to charge normally.
>>Before I threw it away, I would try the same fix. >>> What have you got to lose? The battery is worthless in it's current state.

Keep us informed. Perhaps you can save your battery and share some firsthand experience with others to help them do the same.

I agree with aero ,,it's already broke,,time to see what makes it tick,
Good luck,,

I have had one that was dead and plugged it in to charger
Then pressed button and it started to charge. Was a P2
Battery but that worked. Might not on a P4 .
Just a thought.

I bought a new Trackimo device that supposedly works on 3G systems. (A totally different subject, but one laced with issues). When I got the device it would not take a charge. I was able to speak with a Trackimo engineer and he suggested connecting a 9v battery to the Trackimo battery. I did, positive to positive and negative to negative for about 45 seconds and then tried to charge it again- it worked perfectly! I wonder if this might work for your battery not taking a charge?

I tried everything ... even hit it with the car charger ... there is 3 hours of my life I can't get back. Oh well maybe I'll save someone else the time. Toss it and buy a new one.
IMG_6442.JPG

Yes but we all know now that jumping it with a car charger doesn't work,,[emoji106]

I bought a new Trackimo device that supposedly works on 3G systems. (A totally different subject, but one laced with issues). When I got the device it would not take a charge. I was able to speak with a Trackimo engineer and he suggested connecting a 9v battery to the Trackimo battery. I did, positive to positive and negative to negative for about 45 seconds and then tried to charge it again- it worked perfectly! I wonder if this might work for your battery not taking a charge?

Same for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31