DE Quickrelease Vision+ use GoPro and still use Vision app

Reaction score
In the Sierras, 17 miles outside Yosemite N. P.
New cool development for the Vision+ from Drone Expert called "Quickrelease" ..........

Here is the synopsis from Drone Expert:

"A Quickrelease for the Vision+ camera/gimbal, remove it within view seconds (and switch it for zenmuse with GoPro).
After switching to another camera with this quickrelease (for example GoPro and Zenmuse) you still can use the Vision app to see your video and flight information at the same time with the Vision smartphone app.
To make it, plug and play we have developed 2 PCB's and some cable accessories, but we think that it will take 4-5 week before we can deliver this interface system.
Secondly we can deliver more or less a new product now like; the " Phantom2 Gopro+ " , a Phantom2 with Zenmuse H3-3D to use in combination with the Vision App."

See the viddy at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8lD6CM

Re: DE Quickrelease Vision+ use GoPro and still use Vision a

It's an amazing development, stuff using it with a shitty gopro when they have it working with much better digital cameras but unfortunately with it being dronexpert you can guarantee its gonna be way over priced. I'll be waiting until someone else can provide it for half the price. Its really great news and congratulations to them for working it out

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
It's an amazing development, stuff using it with a shitty gopro when they have it working with much better digital cameras but unfortunately with it being dronexpert you can guarantee its gonna be way over priced. I'll be waiting until someone else can provide it for half the price. Its really great news and congratulations to them for working it out

Yup , and as KGarrison commented on the other forum, "possibly DJI will offer it on the next Phantom 2 release", with my follow up comment of "And probably a lot less expensive than the aftermarket option ..... if history is any indication!"
DE certainly 'does' ask a lot of coin for their stuff ........ :|

Flyer91 said:
Yup , and as KGarrison commented on the other forum, "possibly DJI will offer it on the next Phantom 2 release", with my follow up comment of "And probably a lot less expensive than the aftermarket option ..... if history is any indication!"
DE certainly 'does' ask a lot of coin for their stuff ........ :|

***Sarcasm On***
Unfortunately, if history is any indication, DJI will offer it on the next P2V release, which has been completely unannounced and is only weeks away. It also won't be an option that existing P2V or P2V+ users will be able to upgrade to, thus forcing those who want this freedom and flexibility to buy a whole new rig. The new rig, of course, will be yet another gimp-a-copter platform with even more flight restrictions in its database. Buyers of the platform will continue to be DJI beta testers, and there will still be reports of fly-offs and compass problems. And they still won't have a waypointing feature to use.
***Sarcasm Off***

Seriously, though, I'd expect that if DJI offered this type of capability it would come in the form of a new model and not an add-on like Dronexpert is putting together. Their business practice to date seems to suggest that they'd like us to treat our existing purchase as a throw-away when new features come out and buy an entirely new platform. This probably has something to do with profit margins, and also the ability to meet demands of those who want to buy new quads (as evidenced by DJI trying to keep up with demand for the P2V+ so not releasing replacement parts for the ginbal and camera right now).

Depending on Dronexpert's pricing for this, I'd consider it. It meets the demands of a certain market segment that I happen to be in - one that feels the existing DJI camera works for stills, but would like to use something better for video when the need arises. If this lets me swap out to a GoPro Hero3+ Black with either a Zenmuse or Tarot gimbal without having to buy a whole new rig just for video, then I'm probably in.

The thing is that this needs to be reasonably priced to be competitively, since one still needs to bring a gimbal and camera to the final solution. The only things it replaces is another bird (~$500 used from B&H, I'm sure it can be had cheaper) and an FPV setup (~$300 for one with a monitor). From a business perspective, that $800 buys a bit more than just the use of a GoPro - it provides a backup bird that could be used if the primary is down for maintenance. (Not such a big deal when flying just for pleasure, but if you're treating this as an aerial photography business than these benefits are more critical.)

I'd guess that a reasonable price for this would be around the $249 US mark, at absolute most. Of course, coming in at $199 (or even less) would probably significantly increase demand and provide a greater profit in the long term, assuming that some sort of economy of scale could be achieved with production and assembly. At the end of the day, this product is more of an "I want it" than an "I need it" for most in this community. (Perhaps that will shift as more people enter the arena with the intent of running an aerial photography business.)

I coudn't agree more ...... and would only add that DJI seems to be releasing new products according to the same format as Apple! ;)

BTW:Thanks for hanging in there with what appears to be "the new significantly crippled forum" ;) and getting that much of a reply actually posted!
In my book ...... your're a real trooper! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl