DBS question

Reaction score
I have a quick question regarding the DBS mod for the P3S. Does the DBS mod improve the fluidity of the FPV signal? With stock configuration, the signal tends to get choppy/laggy at around 300-500 feet. I am hoping the DBS mod will not only improve the distance but also cut down dramatically on these type of effects. Advice from anyone with first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!

It should improve...the panel has the 2.4 in it for camera as well as the 5.8 for control...mine was improved ...where it would get choppy stock at 3000ft no longer does since i put the dbs ITElite.

The main reason I went with it was for a vastly improved video link as I am not concerned with range.
The internal pucks DJI uses are just not up to it. With the DBS it is rock solid.

I just put the DBS Mod on my P3S 2 weeks ago. Best I could do was 2460 feet with choppy video starting at 700 feet. Now I've hit 8317 feet as my best and video only got choppy twice for a quick second. Very happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronego
Reactions: RZR_Jim
Pretty darn solid though it did freeze a time or two...but never lost.

I love my dbs mod. I notice a big time range increase. As far as fpv. I think that had more to do with the device your using

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the help!! I have ordered the DBS mod so it should be here in the next couple of days and I am excited to see what it does. I use the Note 4 with the Phantom so I think that should be plenty of power to keep up with the live feed.

I installed one today I only got 700ft further than normal? Any idea what I did wrong? Does it matter which port the 2.4hz on transmitter in plugged into the antenna?

Are you flying in a congested area?...on the antenna it doesnt matter what 2.4 port you use (2 & 3)...as long as the 5.8 is in the 5.8 and the 2.4's in the 2.4's your good...you make sure the UF.L cables "snapped" in good?... i would test another area...who knows maybe at that extra 700ft there was some major interference

Thanks I will try in a more calm place my long distance test last week I went to the local high school but the kids were on vacation maybe the wifi the from all the kids messed it up

Let us know how the second test goes, curious to see if anything changes. Counting down the time until mine gets here.

Will do hoping my case comes in soon so I can strap in down in my side by side. I have a few good spot to bring it no houses for miles. I might try sitting on my roof tomorrow if the weather holds up

Any update Rider15x? Just put mine in this afternoon and so far am rather disappointed. Got maybe 400 extra feet is all. Didn't even reach 3k feet before she was turning around. Granted it is a semi urban area but flying the same flight path bone stock wasn't that much shorter.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Time for........

Attachments

• 1462540295927.jpg
    1462540295927.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 322
You would need a 5.8ghz one for control...yes makes a big difference from all that i have seen and read. I just got one of the 5.8 amps and am waiting for the 2.4's for video side. The people i have talked to have gotten some really really good results with amps and the dbs panel. You can look into the Terminator panel...they have them now for us Standard guys. Those should get really good numbers without amps. Another member here is going to be testing one. I will find the link for that post

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers