DBS MODS ITELITE Antenna Installation Questions

Reaction score
Sorry if these questions have been asked / answered before regarding DIY installation of the DBMODS ITELITE antenna for the P3 controller:

1. When you installed the new mini coax wire for the new antenna did you lace the coax under the controller's main board (as was the original) or did you just lay it on top without bothering to re-route it as the original cables were done? (Seems I saw a post somewhere where the coax was just laid on top of the main board and this seemed to work fine.

2.How did you remove the external folding antenna "blades".

This antenna is on B/O now but I plan on ordering one when they return to stock next week..

TIA for any input,

:harry

The OEM antenna is held in place with a lip on one of the "halves" that got through the case. If you push in with a screwdriver on the one with the lip as you are pulling out on the antenna it will come out.

The routing of coax is not critical so whatever works best for where you decide to drill holes. I personally did not go back under in the manner DJI did.

I would recommend a drop of "goop" available at the hardware store on the small connectors where it attaches to the board. I used a small zip tie to hold the cables in place and a small drop of Goop to keep them from wiggling lose.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
The OEM antenna is held in place with a lip on one of the "halves" that got through the case. If you push in with a screwdriver on the one with the lip as you are pulling out on the antenna it will come out.

The routing of coax is not critical so whatever works best for where you decide to drill holes. I personally did not go back under in the manner DJI did.

I would recommend a drop of "goop" available at the hardware store on the small connectors where it attaches to the board. I used a small zip tie to hold the cables in place and a small drop of Goop to keep them from wiggling lose.

Just curious if you had to splice or solder any connection with your install MCcabe? If so, what was your thoughts on that process compare to any you've done in the past?

Easiest install ever Frank. No splice and no soldering. DJI does not glue the connector to the board which was the bad part about the V+

It's a no brainer that the DBS Antenna is the Hot Ticket.

Now is your R/C a GL300A or B?

It's a B.

What about the cables, them seem excessively long. Can we buy shorter ones or are the length of them important to the install and the way the booster performs.?

Don it means you are less manly than I am. :)

Reactions: Dirby
What about the cables, them seem excessively long. Can we buy shorter ones or are the length of them important to the install and the way the booster performs.?
They are longer than I would like too. I am thinking about ordering two really stubby cables with 90 degree ends. I drilled my holes on front of the controller so I dont need long ones.

As everyone is complaining the cables are too long why don't they supply shorter ones??? Come on DBS don't spoil an awesome mod - you aren't DJI.

They're maybe only longish if you're routing the cables above instead of underneath as the original cables are routed. Both length cables could be included as an option for people who wish to route the cables through the shorter path.

Ben he is talking about the outside cables. Not the inside ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20