DBS mod showed up ten minutes ago. Took the day off work. Excited.

That's all it takes is a little bit after you get out that far . I will move the TX sometimes even sitting in my lap .
You'll get it . :)

Modded my controller with a tripod mount. Works a treat. I have got out to 3.2klm/10,500ft. Though I am here in Australia and its in CE mode. Yes pointing the DBS is where its at :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I watch the video feed signal and constantly adjust towards the ground to get back to 100%.

The signal is tricky sometimes.

25,000 over water is possible with no amps!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I watch the video feed signal and constantly adjust towards the ground to get back to 100%.

The signal is tricky sometimes.

25,000 over water is possible with no amps!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I hit 20,000 with my P3 4K out 1 time but when I got back I had ate up my battery to 1% but did make it back .
Just wish when it hit 1% it hadn't been 40' up . That was a trip to Ca.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Now if DJI really wanted to be top shelf, they would develop a way the Phantom would fly a compass heading. And being linked with a compass direction on the R/C (via the app I suppose), you could have the bird flying a true heading and the TX pointed in the same true heading. Of course the bird would have to compensate for variations and wind drift, but the outcome should be the same. Maximum distance on a true heading.

As an ATP, my aircraft fly compass headings all the time. Shouldn't be too difficult for DJI to adapt a Phantom to do the same. Either way, it would be fun as hell to try it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Now if DJI really wanted to be top shelf, they would develop a way the Phantom would fly a compass heading. And being linked with a compass direction on the R/C (via the app I suppose), you could have the bird flying a true heading and the TX pointed in the same true heading. Of course the bird would have to compensate for variations and wind drift, but the outcome should be the same. Maximum distance on a true heading.

As an ATP, my aircraft fly compass headings all the time. Shouldn't be too difficult for DJI to adapt a Phantom to do the same. Either way, it would be fun as hell to try it.

CL maybe .Have never tried that on a run but think I will .

CL maybe .Have never tried that on a run but think I will .

I don't know if Litchi will do it or not. I know only of its' waypoint capabilities. Not familiar at all with that app.

Be nice to see maybe Autel or the PowerEgg bunch develop this technology too.......if they already aren't working on it....

I would think the bird would be fairly simple. Keeping the antenna/ RC pointed in the right direction would probably take the app to do, maybe with a directional strength meter or pointer.

I don't use Litchi just the go app . I think course lock might work and will try later .
I have got addicted to doing this :rolleyes:

I don't use Litchi just the go app . I think course lock might work and will try later .
I have got addicted to doing this
Never have tried course lock. Let us know how it does. Got me wondering now how far out it will go that way. [emoji848]

That will take care of any left stick yaw movement, just have to make sure you're not giving any right stick bank movement my mistake.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl