DBS Mod and Phantom 3 with Boost or Amps??

Reaction score
I have ordered the DBS Mod and it is coming tomorrow. I have heard people talking about DBS with boost or DBS with Amps to get even greater range. Could someone please explain to me what boosting the dbs mod is or adding more aps to it? What does that mean and how can you boost it higher than what it already does? Also, are there any instructions on how to specifically boost or add amps to the DBS mod? (Phantom Pro 3)

when you add amplifiers to it, it gives the signal even more strength to go even further than without. even without amps it's more than likely you'll have to turn around not because you'll lose signal but because your battery will run low before you lose signal. hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are adding amplifiers to it the same as boosting? Is there a tutorial on how to install the dbs mod WITH amps? Id like to do this when I mod it so that I don't have to take it apart and do it again later.

one thing ive been hearing though is that without mini amplifiers you will have to keep the rc pointed in the general direction towards the drone but with mini amps it reduces the need to do this.

check out dbsmods.com

for $234 they will sell and install the antenna and ship it back to you. but you choose your shipping method to them.

Dbsmod.com doesn't add boost. That is what I am wondering about. And no tutorials on their site even show how to install with phantom 3. I had to email him to get YouTube url specific to phantom 3 install. I wanna know how to boost this while I'm installing it.

i sent my rc in to have the mod done without the mini amps and was little sketchy thinking it was a scam till i watched this video from January 2016 in the comments he says he used to live in Hawaii but now lives in Florida which confirms this is a legit business because that's where i had to send in my rc and you can use PayPal which is secure.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i think the boost is the mini amps i could be wrong but i also think the itelite antenna mod is a boost itself. im sure there will be more responses from more informed people that can answer your question better.

I have ordered the DBS Mod and it is coming tomorrow. I have heard people talking about DBS with boost or DBS with Amps to get even greater range. Could someone please explain to me what boosting the dbs mod is or adding more aps to it? What does that mean and how can you boost it higher than what it already does? Also, are there any instructions on how to specifically boost or add amps to the DBS mod? (Phantom Pro 3)
Just my experience but I first used the windsurfers with my P3Pro, went about 2 miles to shoot a marsh fire - lost a little signal when a tree came between me and the P3Pro - just raised up another 50 feet and it was okay - then I sent my r/c in for the dos mods - AMAZING - it provides great confidence as I was shooting today about a mile and a half away and there were trees in between but my signal stayed full -amazing - personally I would advise against the "boost" unless you have a specific reason - with the dos mod I have gone over 3 miles and never lost any signal - personally the "boost" may be overkill because you can only go so far before you have to turn back - also the dbsmod they did to my r/c is beautiful - I have never taken it off, it fits perfect own my THINKTANK, a great bag by the way -
so there you have it - for me not having boost is one less thing to go wrong - and more stuff on the r/c which with an iPad or tablet is already too heavy!

Good luck!

Reactions: Romans109
Well most of my flying is in the city so I loose range easily behind houses etc. trying to get best range possible because of being in an urban area

I think the word "boost" can be confusing, especially if English isn't your first language.

If describing the DBS mod or any directional antenna mod, I'd describe it as a directional antenna that can increase signal strength if the antenna is pointed correctly. Or I'd say it can boost range if pointed correctly. But the signal itself is not really boosted, it's just focused.

An amp, OTOH, increases signal strength. So adding an amp really is a signal boost.

Think of it this way. You're outside and you have a single 100 watt light bulb lit at night. You can see it from a mile away. You put a curved mirror behind it. Now you can see the light at 2 miles away. You replace the 100 watt bulb with a 400 watt bulb. Now you can see it 4 miles away.

How well dose the FPVLR work? Anyone have this setup without boosters?
With boosters, what kind?

That's not a simple question to answer. FPVLR uses circular polarity and ITLELITE uses linear polarity. That's the short answer. I recommend you go to this forum and read up on FPVLR vs ITELITE.

Phantom 2 Vision + Mods

There's a wealth of great info in there. Scroll down and read the applicable threads to get a general idea of how FPVLR antennas work.

Tony from FPVLR is also known for best customer service and takes your phone calls directly

I had the DBS mod and it is great but has limitations which if your out flying distance and you turn the bird towards you you will lose signal so I bought some sunhans and a battery off evilbay and wow there's nothing like turning the bird around 8km out and having 100% signal strength......just my thoughts

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I think the word "boost" can be confusing, especially if English isn't your first language.

If describing the DBS mod or any directional antenna mod, I'd describe it as a directional antenna that can increase signal strength if the antenna is pointed correctly. Or I'd say it can boost range if pointed correctly. But the signal itself is not really boosted, it's just focused.

An amp, OTOH, increases signal strength. So adding an amp really is a signal boost.

Think of it this way. You're outside and you have a single 100 watt light bulb lit at night. You can see it from a mile away. You put a curved mirror behind it. Now you can see the light at 2 miles away. You replace the 100 watt bulb with a 400 watt bulb. Now you can see it 4 miles away.

Well that explanation was very well put Sir!! :)

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic