DBS Install Questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

I have two questions about the Dbsmods install:

1. Do you guys remove the 3 stock antennas or do you leave them?

2. Can I do the install without drilling 3 holes in my controller? If so which cables would I need to run the 3 wires through the stock mast hole in my controller directly to the panel?

Thanks!

I will look for it .
Tony I thought it was in this thread Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum
But unless I just overlooked it it's in another one .
Basically he had just hooked the cable's inside and had them sticking through that hole .
JMO it looked like crap and also looked like a disaster waiting to happen if he snagged one on something .
If ya hadn't glance through that link and you will see what a lot are doing .

Thank you so much!
Is not a problem and still looking for that picture/post ta show ya but I just didn't care for it plus you gonna have to cram a lot of cable in your TX .

I'm so close to buying DBS because the windsurfer is not really performing, but I only saw one video of the install and it confused me. To many “ifs“. If they have an easy PDF guide I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Can someone tell me what the “up to you“ type thing the video is talking about? It's at the 4:44 mark.

TC it's all in that link . It is not that hard if
Can someone tell me what the “up to you“ type thing the video is talking about? It's at the 4:44 mark.
What video TC

TC it's all in that link . It is not that hard if

What video TC
the video DBS made? The one for the inspire remote.

Actually I just rewatched the video and I think the part at 4:44 is completely optional. That's the part where he removed the 5.8ghz antenna, did some cutting and hot glue. I intend to keep all my stock antennas so I can skip that part, right?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No you have to disconnect those . You can leave them in there if ya want to but that's what you hook the panel cables to .

No you have to disconnect those . You can leave them in there if ya want to but that's what you hook the panel cables to .
Ya I know it has to be disconnected, I'm just going to leave the stock wires inside.

I made up my mind, I'm getting one!

Reactions: dirkclod
Ya I know it has to be disconnected, I'm just going to leave the stock wires inside.

I made up my mind, I'm getting one!
I would just cover the connecter part if you did to be on the safe side .

If I don't want to drill the holes and have the antennas go through the stock antennas holes, how can I do that? Was there a thread about this method somewhere?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers